• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep Cherokee Freedom?

Re: jeep cherokee freedom?

Yep,(Freedom package)same as mine but they came with these 16" wheels!
bump12.jpg

Re: jeep cherokee freedom?

It was a dealer installed package when they where trying to clear out the rest of the SE 2001s. There wasn't a very large number of people after stripped out no option cherokees. So the dealer threw on the chrome limited grill, 60th anniversary wheels and a little decal to spice them up.

The freedom and the 60th anniversary were two different packages you could get. But the 00 and 01s even in the freedom and 60th and sport were almost all different in one way or another. Be it trim packages window tint sterio grills rims and tires. When I picked up my 60th anniversary model they had 3 different styles of it at the lot. The one with the tow package and CD player was already sold the other one with the tint and cd upgrade and over head consol was sold so I got the no cd no tint no overhead model no tow package, but it did have the rim and tire package to it.

Jeep really was just slapping what ever they could on these last two models to get them out the door.

I'mjust saying the 60th anni had different options aswell.

Are you sure about the freedom because I was looking at one in Greeley at the Co's dodge jeep dealer ship and lithia had one aswell.

So they just took a sport and the dealership could order the freedom sticker package from jeep or something? the two I saw were new with under 50 miles on them.

jdogg4 said:
I'mjust saying the 60th anni had different options aswell.

Are you sure about the freedom because I was looking at one in Greeley at the Co's dodge jeep dealer ship and lithia had one aswell.

So they just took a sport and the dealership could order the freedom sticker package from jeep or something? the two I saw were new with under 50 miles on them.

No, they took an SE. Sports have body molding on them. SE/Freedoms do not. Later on they made the Freedom Edition an actual package on the WJ, etc. But in the XJ days it was a ploy by the dealerships to offload the rest of the SE XJs. Thats why there are so few of them.

P.S. The only thing that constituted the 60th package was basically the limited exterior trim level, with a 60th badge, and silvertar wheels. Just with every other trim level, you could pretty much order the interior in any configuration you wanted. But the standard was cloth classic style seats.

91 Jeep Project said:
No, they took an SE. Sports have body molding on them. SE/Freedoms do not. Later on they made the Freedom Edition an actual package on the WJ, etc. But in the XJ days it was a ploy by the dealerships to offload the rest of the SE XJs. Thats why there are so few of them.

P.S. The only thing that constituted the 60th package was basically the limited exterior trim level, with a 60th badge, and silvertar wheels. Just with every other trim level, you could pretty much order the interior in any configuration you wanted. But the standard was cloth classic style seats.

Don't for get the 60th anni badge floor mats?

Mine is an early 2000(bought it when the 2k's first hit the showroom floors),while it didnt have the rocker moulding it does have every other option I know of.There were thousand of Freedom's sold here in Phoenix,I see more of them than all other models combined!

91 Jeep Project said:
Yes sorry, didn't find it worth mentioning................:laugh3:

I've had offeres from people to buy those off of me for some reason. They're bad ass!

O no arguing between DJ and I.

DJ how did those clips work out for you?

thats sams car, (zluster on these forums) it did have the silverstars, but he kept them for his next jeep...

The freedom was a factory option, just like the 60th AEs where, I think about 2200 total were sold, I've owned 3 of those.

The freedom was only availible in 2000, and the 60th's in 2001.

Yes the freedom edition more closely resembles the SE, but when you run the vin it comes back as a sport.

I have had 3 freedoms now, both the one originally posted and a nicer yellow one.

All freedoms came with the chrome front grill, black textured end caps and flares, black bumpers, and black license plate light covers. All freedoms came with the 16" silver stars. Most freedoms came with the CD/tape, and NP242, I have only seen one that did come with both of those.

91 Jeep Project said:
It was a dealer installed package when they where trying to clear out the rest of the SE 2001s. There wasn't a very large number of people after stripped out no option cherokees. So the dealer threw on the chrome limited grill, 60th anniversary wheels and a little decal to spice them up.

No, not dealer installed, and generally they came with the same or more options than many sports. It is a popular misconception that they are stripped down like many SEs were.

jdogg4 said:
Jeep really was just slapping what ever they could on these last two models to get them out the door.

Yes, both models were created to burn off inventory, much like the 1996 Classic.

91 Jeep Project said:
Well the 60th was an actual factory trim level. They had WJ, TJ, and XJ 60ths. The Freedom was a dealer created/installed option and only available in '01.

Yes, both the 60th and freedom where factory trim packages.

jdogg4 said:

No the dealer had freedom edition XJs from the factory.

91 Jeep Project said:

Thats correct, the SEs don't have body molding, but as said above the Freedoms arrived as factory options, they are included in the production numbers found from Jeep for the 2000 year and the official information from jeep.

RCP Phx said:
Mine is an early 2000(bought it when the 2k's first hit the showroom floors),while it didnt have the rocker moulding it does have every other option I know of.There were thousand of Freedom's sold here in Phoenix,I see more of them than all other models combined!

That may be true but my freedom from the above ad was originally sold in colorado, right here in fort collins too where it was registered new.

Back