• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to wheel - Red River Locations (Updated: 02/11/2009)

Kendrik

NAXJA Forum User
In order to help everyone find the best wheeling destinations near them, here's a handy Google Earth Location file that includes all the places I'm aware of that allow Full Size ORV activity. This includes state parks, private facilities, etc. If you know of any that I've missed, please let me know and I'll get them added.

Red River Chapter - Wheeling Destinations
Red River Chapter - Wheeling Destinations - KML Download

Recent Additions:
Escondido Draw
Buffalo Lake
Lake Arrowhead
Coppermines
Removed Marshall Creek

Last edited:
Re: Where to wheel - Red River Locations

If you add something, make sure it is legal.

Bridgeport is nice! they have everything you want from Big rocks to easy stuff for beginners. I know LSJC is having a work day there in the near future, and it should be open soon. Not too far out of the DFW area.

Wheeled Bridgeport Last weekend for Lonestar Jeep Club's trailfest. Not too bad at all! Had plenty of fun and the big boys found plenty to do too. I'll be going back

You guys need to check out the Coppermines! www.rnyc4x4.com and also, www.myspace.com/coppermines
Small place but fun. Will be opening lots of acreage soon. Located in SW OK. Halfway between Altus, OK and Vernon, TX on the OK side...

You can add Monkey Creek to the List. It's near Quanah, Tx. Great trails lots of acreage. Can get pretty wild after dark. Owner seems to have one rule. Don't get too crazy or you'll be asked to leave. The definition of "crazy" seems to be open to interpretation, however.

Another Oklahoma location to add.

Buzzard Canyon. Just south of Sayre, OK. Sayre is on the western half of OK on I-40. Open select weekends. look 'em up on Facebook.
www.facebook.com/buzzardcanyonoffroad

Also, I noticed that Clayton and Little Sahara State Park, OK weren't on the list.

Last edited:
Just head East out of DFW on I-30 & Turn North on TX 8.
When you get to the Red River, Just Pick A Dirt Road, on the TX Side, Or Anywhere North in Arkansas & I Guarantee you Will Find 4 Wheelin Places!
Keep Going North in AR & you will find the Ouachita Mtns. & National Forest.
Great 4 Wheelin Country. Lots of Forestry Service Roads & Loggin Trails!
And the Loggin Trails Can Be Quite Challenging!
(Rocky/Steep/Muddy & River Crossings)
Be Prepared for Very High Water when it Rains.
(Winch/Tow Chain/Tuggin Strap/Etc.)
Very 4 Wheeler & Biker Friendly Area in W. Central AR, So, Bring your Toys!
Lots of Camping Areas Too!
Did I mention the Great Hunting & Fishing (Well, That Too!)
UncleSarge58

we need to update the maps!!

is Arkansas part of RRC?

Back