• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Early Bronco d44 front end

Should I run the bronco radius arm set up, longarm kit, longarm kit

• Bronco radius arm set up

Votes: 20 50.0%
  • longarm kit

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • longarm kit

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • This poll is a year old and people should stop voting.

Votes: 16 40.0%

• Total voters

crazy4mopar

NAXJA Forum User
I scored an Early Bronco D44 front end today!! My question is for the best overall suspension on the street/trail and for flex should I go with the bronco radius arm set up, longarm kit or the stock xj style?

Last edited:
That ones a no brainer see if you can find some pics of FarmerMatts newer mounting setup its flush where his old setup hung down.

cool.

my vote would be to go radius arms, running either a wristed set-up or a single upper on the d-side....you can run a p-side on the street.

center limiting strap will help you on ledge climbs.

you can swap in chevy knuckles to gain high-steer if you want.

My dad and I are working on a highbred style long arm/radius arm for his ranger.....use a teraflex style are long or short, then weld on the radius arm part at the axle end, no bind on the bolt like the stock style radius arm, and still no pinning or relinking or any of that...the swivel style arm has unlimited twist.... :dunno:

Build whatever your budget will allow... my guess after those blingy Moser alloys and u-joints, you're gonna like the idea of retaining the stock Ford radius arms and simply "fixing" a joint (heims or spherical bearings) to the ends. Think FarmerMatt style.

Yeah, I run radius arms and am happy with them. I have superflex joints on the ends and they work great. I will sleeve the arms with some 1/8" plate someday but I haven't had a problem with them yet. I guess I don't see enough rocks.

i got a HP and full width D44 from a early f100 or 150 but i cut that S H I T off and made my longarms and it was well worth it it flexes awesome dont know bout on the street though but ill let ya know soon.

i pulled the arms in 7in. inside the frame rails and did like a triangled lower link setup on it. and the did the upper arm to the lower arm setup deal.

Extending the radius arms is by far the best way to go although you'll need to fab them & a cross member. I would not wrist the arm or run just one upper like Beez said. There is no need. The Ford style bushings will take a ton of twisting abuse where as the RE style bushings will fail regularly if wheeled consistantly. Have fun

Matt

attachment.php

Heres my radius arms

Hey CW, do you have a picture of your whole jeep? Or anybody for that matter with a front 44 and 9" from a fullsize Bronco. My brother and I have a project 87 getting these axles and I want to see how bling blingin it could be. Oh yeah sorry to cut in on your thread. Run the radius arms. I believe that they are very simple and very effective from what I have seen--------Kyle

Excuse my ignorance as well... Do the EB D44 fronts have welded or cast radius arm mounts? OR are they as some regular D44's- could be one or the other.

depends on the year, 78/7nine -broken button :D f-150's Have cast wedges...

i know theres a link floating aound somewhere about what years have what. Another way to tell - if you have the axle - is to pull the axle shaft out, and shine a flashlight in there. You will see if it's cast in or not.

-Red

Redcbr007 said:
depends on the year, 78/7nine -broken button :D f-150's Have cast wedges...

i know theres a link floating aound somewhere about what years have what. Another way to tell - if you have the axle - is to pull the axle shaft out, and shine a flashlight in there. You will see if it's cast in or not.

-Red

Thanks. I'm aware of the 78/79 cast/welded mounts. I was just wondering about the EB front D44's and if those were in the same boat.

Back