• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Welcome

CRASH

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Welcome to the new fabrication area of NAXJA. This forum, for the moment, is open to members, only. We are developing this forum and tailoring it to the needs and desires of the membership. As such, we are going to use an adaptive management approach in moving threads around for a while. Some current and past threads will be copied from ModTech to sort of "seed" this forum.

I think we can all agree that a fabrication forum is sorely needed, as there is a definate dichotomy of postings in ModTech. My personal goal for this forum is to help push the boundaries of XJ modification. We have a very knowledgable and capable group of fabricators on this forum, and I'm hoping they will share their design ideas here.

As for ModTech, I want it to remain a good forum for answering questions regarding bolt-on products, etc. I hope the knowledgable among us will continue to freqent Modtech and help as time and desire allow.

CRASH

Last edited:
What backspacing do I need to run 42's with 5" of lift?

:D :D

Good to have this thing going. Thanks to all the members who supported the idea.

No doubt will eventually end up in the bodywork area..... after all of the trapped dirt and moisture ends up rusting all of the sheet metal out behind the new tin. :D

Jes said:
Nice addition.
Question, would a thread like this http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3156 go in Mod Tech, here, or in the Paint Bodywork forum?

Jes said:
Nice addition.
Question, would a thread like this http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3156 go in Mod Tech, here, or in the Paint Bodywork forum?

I'd put that in bodywork. You didn't buy it, you made it.

Alternately, you could shove it in "Poseur Tech". Coming soon to a mall near you.

CRASH

CRASH said:
I'd put that in bodywork. You didn't buy it, you made it.

Alternately, you could shove it in "Poseur Tech". Coming soon to a mall near you.

CRASH

Here's the first topic for "poseur Tech", the TireFly Bilstein mod...
picture.JPG

:D

Awesome, now i can finally learn something other than how many plumbing parts are needed to make a good lift

BrettM said:
hmm, looks like CRASH got the hydro assist hooked up, how is it?

Sucks on the road. Writeup with a fix on the way. Super secret tractor parts are going to be utilized to isolate the cylinder for highway use.

Lots of power, too much in fact. I need to move more volume though, as the cylinder lags a bit behind the gear. Also, I'm having a weird issue when the engine (pump) is warm. I get no assist at idle when it's warm (it's fine cold). Bring the idle up to 900 or so, and the assist comes back. Again, it may be a volume thing.

:idea: Hmmmmm.....maybe I should start an actual thread!

CRASH

slow down, boys.

too much advanced, mega-tech, too fast

we have to spread the advance tech around slowly to make it look like more

:wow:

Last edited:
MaXJohnson said:
slow down, boys.

too much advanced, mega-tech, too fast

we have to spread the advance tech around slowly to make it look like more

:wow:

Quite down, MinJohnless. What do you think my toilet cover comment was. This has potential, we just need to get ride of Crash first.

We need to get this forum going,,, My thread
is the best so far......

Lets get this going!
I've got a few things to help, if everyone else wants to critic.

Wellllllll....I got my pencil and pad....I don't want my junk to end up looking like it was built in a Junkyard Wars episode... Dern glad to have access to some of the best minds around.

Back