• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CORVA Truckhaven run

Darky

NAXJA Forum User
I'll be out there again this year with my brother, Bobby, and his father in law, Andy. Bobby will be in an 85 S10 Blazer while his Jimmy is undergoing some changes and Andy will be in his Cherokee again, this time with a fresh RE 4.5" lift and 32s. Mine will be sporting a new pair of RE 4.5" coils but otherwise the same vehicle as last year. Anyone else going? If there's anyone from the HiDesert area, we can meet up and caravan out. Most likely Andy's brother will be there again, last year he brought his two daughters and 2 Cherokees.

Jump This said:
When is this?

Are you sure it will be at Truckhaven?

I believe they're basing it out of the area just west of Salton City & south of S-22 just before you jump up on the mesa.... or in your case jump OFF the mesa.

On a side note... did anyone know the fire hydrant was in a closed area ?

Curt

So far for just 2 days....

Yeah, from what I understand, it won't be in the actual Truckhaven area, but they're calling it the Truckhaven Challenge still I believe.

Xtreme XJ said:
I believe they're basing it out of the area just west of Salton City & south of S-22 just before you jump up on the mesa.... or in your case jump OFF the mesa.

On a side note... did anyone know the fire hydrant was in a closed area ?

Curt

I heard rumor of it...also heard rumor that it may get moved.

I'm gonna try to get Friday off work.

how many of you are going? I could probably get friday off, but I'm not gonna drive down there to not know anybody for 3 days.

I'll be there Saturday with at least one other XJ and my wife will actually be making the trip this time

Looks like I might not be there...The front UCA bushings are still bad from last year and lack the money to pay a shop to do it and the time/tools/experience (I suck at wrestling the axle to fit with the bad angles I have right now) to do it myself before Saturday. Plus after taking a ride thru Rattlesnake Canyon this past weekend, it sounds and feels like I may have a bad bushing in my pass rear leaf spring, the steering was doing some weird things, clunks and rattles and jiggles that weren't there before...

Back