• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Finally found it! My ultimate "beater"!

YELLAHEEP

NAXJA Forum User
Last edited:
Man...... a good day!

Truck passes emissions on "Fast Pass" without me using the valet pin and there was no line at the station!

Then went straight to the DMV. Title and plates in just under 30 min?!?!? Unreal!

Better pics:

IMG_20171002_141224796_zpsl9z5bk6m.jpg

IMG_20171002_141311692_zpsfqzchvki.jpg

IMG_20171002_141355353_zpsnyk5syod.jpg

IMG_20171002_141017353_zps1gnmgcls.jpg

IMG_20171002_141208887_zps5oua1xpt.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure what's uglier. My fairmont of this truck lol.
In all seriousness I bet it's a hoot to throw some gears and send it.
The stripe come off by chance/ or is it painted on?

Awww, you think the truck is....... ugly??? :tear: The stripe is vinyl and I like it, but want to re-do it a bit different. I'm considering a flat black hood or maybe just the cowl. Dunno.

Yeah I'm not a fan of the white dash bezel either. The white face gauge panel is hard to read too. Likely go back to OEM on those. At first I thought it was a kinda cool touch..... but it's the only white in the interior.

The first thing that has to go is that stoopid exhaust tip........

Time to make it your own style.
Damnit I love toys- good to see the illness of messing with cars is still strong with you Troy haha.

The stripe interferes with the body lines in my opinion/ I'd leave the stripe off
I would also get some larger chrome wheels. I'm thinking 18-20" modern wheels. I'll do some searching for ya
Clean truck

As far as wheels..... I'd like to stick with a streetable drag race look I think......

mopp_0603_17z-2000_dodge_dakota-drag.jpg

White truck - yes. Blue truck - gawd no.

24q1nxg.jpg

This Dodge Motorsports Edition Dakota looks good to me. I could find some 16" Dakota wheels and make them black with the machined lip. I also kinda like the black across the tailgate and I could make the cowl part of the hood black, leaving the sides clean - no stripe.

But I dunno...... even the 16's look small don't they.....

1260.jpg

1261.jpg

This Dodge Motorsports Edition Dakota looks good to me. I could find some 16" Dakota wheels and make them black with the machined lip. I also kinda like the black across the tailgate and I could make the cowl part of the hood black, leaving the sides clean - no stripe.

1260.jpg

Love these....... 19" CCW's. Tires are 285/40/19 front and 345/35/19 rear Bridgestone RE050A's

IMG_2102.jpg

IMG_2100.jpg

IMG_2114.jpg

The Chrome fix seems to no longer work, for me at least.

They've updated it. I had to go back to the link I posted and download it again. That was a few weeks ago.

Back