• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What should my next step be?

jeep4x4nut

NAXJA Forum User
Ok fellow XJers. I am about to buy a 85 XJ 2.5L 5spd with about 4 inches of lift. It has a 2 inch block with a 2 inch spring lift in the rear and then in the front it has a pair of V8 grand cherokee coils with a 2 inch spacer. I havent bought it yet but im hopefully getting it the day after x-mas. So if i do get this what should my next plans be? It has 31x10.50 retreads on it but i want to go bigger. I have access to an axle i can swap in (Ford 9in.) and I have money i can put into it to go bigger. i want to stay short arm in the front but i am looking at getting maybe 3.5inch coils in the front to go to 5.5 will that be ok on new CAs? And for the rear can i just get a 3 inch AAL? Will i be OK with that setup? Its my play toy so it wont be daily driven. Also i am looking to run 33x12.50 TSLs....will the stock 35 hold up with that? And if it will hold, can i weld the rear end for now until i get time for the new axle? How long will a welded rear end last? thanks guys
Michael

Back