• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just Curious.....

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
Its about a 13 hour drive towing one way. About $600 in gas alone there and back. Are the Badlands worth it? I know some of you have come to Tellico and Harlan, but I see them as well worth it. What does the Badlands have that would make it worth showing up? Honestly I don't think I have the money, but I am curious. Please post pictures to support your reasoning. :confused1

Its about a 13 hour drive towing one way. About $600 in gas alone there and back. Are the Badlands worth it? I know some of you have come to Tellico and Harlan, but I see them as well worth it. What does the Badlands have that would make it worth showing up? Honestly I don't think I have the money, but I am curious. Please post pictures to support your reasoning. :confused1

If you ask me, Yes. some others may not see it that way but I love it there. I hear harlan is pretty fun if your rig is built but I just don't think mine would do so good there. May still come to the crawl just to camp if I have the money and ride along with you guys!

If you ask me, Yes. some others may not see it that way but I love it there. I hear harlan is pretty fun if your rig is built but I just don't think mine would do so good there. May still come to the crawl just to camp if I have the money and ride along with you guys!

Harlan has it all. I'd say there are close to if not more then 100 miles of trails there. Yes it has the built trails but you can get a stocker or slightly built rig to every moderate or hard trail I wheeled the last time I went.

That's the main reason I go.

The park is fun, there are areas in and around the quarry that challenge the best built rigs, but they are mostly single climbs, or individual or small groups of obstacles.

IF its not for a WF, not worth it. IF there's a good sized WF, go for it. its not all about the badlands, its more of a social time and have fun with bunch of others who have same thoughts :D

If you are looking for good wheeling, it is there. All different kinds of trails and obstacles from mild to wild.

If you are looking for a good social event with some of the best people around, this is it.

In my opinion, it is worth the trip for me everytime. See ya there Ghost.:D

The people there are waaaaay more fun around the campfire than at the crawl.:D

But if you show up I don't know who we will talk about.

Last edited:
there are enough challenging trails to make it worth your while.
The people here are the very best.
big campfires, fried turkeys, home brew, raffle, cigars, nacho cheeze dispensor...are just a few thoughts on WF that come to mind. Oh yeah, and some wheeling.

BOB

Ghost,

It was a 10hr one way trip for me last year. I went with a stock Creep.
$300.00 Gas (Round trip)
The trail was worth it.
Meeting the guys I like to say are now my friends, definatly worth it.
Am I doing it again this year?
YES

don't be a pus. you want a weekend worth $600, this is it. Why do we attract bigger crouds than most of the other events? cuz it's worth it. the wheeling is good. I've wheeled the bl's for many years and it's become a bit, umm, boring for me. but it's still good. show up, represent the south. we do have black people attend so take the confederate flag off your jeep. :D see ya there, and leave your panties at home. :)

we do have black people attend so take the confederate flag off your jeep. :D see ya there, and leave your panties at home. :)

Yeah, JJ may hafta buss a cap in yo ass! :D Sorry JJ, I couldn't resist! :kissyou:

we do have black people attend so take the confederate flag off your jeep. :D see ya there, and leave your panties at home. :)

Should I??

:moon:

lol

don't be a pus. you want a weekend worth $600, this is it. Why do we attract bigger crouds than most of the other events? cuz it's worth it. the wheeling is good. I've wheeled the bl's for many years and it's become a bit, umm, boring for me. but it's still good. show up, represent the south. we do have black people attend so take the confederate flag off your jeep. :D see ya there, and leave your panties at home. :)

Just bc I'm Southern doesn't mean I have a flag on the heep. Now if I can make it I will have to put one on it! My best friend is black so I'll have to get him to do it for me and take a picture. :shocked: I'm not being a puss, why have you not come to the crawl in 4 or more years? Hmmmm, I'm guessing money. The same reason I would be hard pressed to make it to WF this year. I really want to hit WF and NAC some time, and of course the big event in Moab. I am however a poor man with limited budget. I will try though, and Rev I am not scared to meet any of you. I actually want to. :bs: If I could get the wife back to work it would be ano brainer and money would nto be so tight!

I've been to the crawl twice, exactly 2 times more than the number of times you've made wf. I understand money. you may be able to bring your wife and put her to work at the campfire to pay for the trip. <-- GREAT IDEA!!

Back