• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Swapping Manual HVAC for AZC controls

Overdriven

NAXJA Member #1020
Good Morning. I've searched but haven't found the answer I'm looking for.

I daily drive and wheel a 2003 GC 4.7 Limited. My biggest issue is the dual Climate control system. I've replaced motors, doors, etc. Works for a while and fails again. I replaced the A/C Core a while back and it has failed on me again as well.

The other day I dragged home a (parts Jeep) 2000 I6 laredo with the manual HVAC system. I'm really curious about swapping the manual controls into my Jeep. I need to tear out the dash anyway to swap the windshields. Mine is cracked. Anyone reasearched or tried this? I know the AZC is all electric and the MTC is electric and vacuum.

Thanks for any help.

The Laredo is 100% vacuum driven other than the blend door. You would need to swap the entire under dash HVAC box (the blend door actuator is attached to the box), the blower, all the vacuum lines and the control panel to make it work. I believe you would need to swap the AC and heater core inside the box two. No matter what you would need to break open the AC system to remove the HVAC box. The dual climate zone box has two blend doors if i remember right.

I would say its an IMMENSE pain in the but...but if you have to take it out anyway to fix it, then give it a shot.

Back