• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

7th annual Turkey day run!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NW-ZJ-SCOTT

TEXAS-JT-SCOTT
NAXJA Member
It's that time of year again... Our 7th annual Thanksgiving run at TSF is right around the corner!!!

What: Camping, wheelin, and all around good times !

Where: Tillamook State Forest (Browns Camp area)

When: November 25th thru the 27th.

Who: Everyone is invited ! Just come prepared and act responsibly !

Camping: We will shoot for Horse Camp. It has worked out great in the past.

As always, please come prepared. There may be snow, and i assume it will be quite cold. It is always wet this time of year, so pack accordingly. Tarps, rain gear, recovery gear, first aid, etc... front and rear tow points and a working CB are highly recommended if you want to be rescued from anything. LOTS OF FIREWOOD is a great idea!

:shiver:
Few of us Portland guys are leaving after thanksgiving dinner.

Keep in mind, camping is now banned in the covered area so if you're tenting it, be prepared. Bring a tarp and some rope

25th threw 27th?!
that is a Sunday threw Tuesday? is this right? or did you use last years dates? because 2011 was a weekend on those dates.
because thanksgiving is the week before on the 22nd would it not be from Friday the 23rd to Sunday the 25th?
images

Last edited:
in for the nights of the 22nd and 23rd. plan on being at horse camp around 8pm?

I'll be there.

The Gresham boys are low on fire wood this year (haven't had time) so everyone bring camp fire wood!
I can bring out some rounds, so bring something to split it unless you have small stuff

I think I found the reason for my death wobble . Had a bad u-joint , so replacing then with usa alloy one and should be able to make this run and finally go play in the woods . I'll bring some wood as well but don't think we will be camping out .

IN!!! Prolly just a day run for us tho... moving on the 1st of Dec... 3br house on an acre out in the sticks!!! Woo-Hoo!!

P.S. ... Anybody out there have a good set of 31" muds they would be willing to part with? On Rod's run, I had to back out of FB5 for the first time ever... kindof a blow to the ol' ego, but money is tight with the move coming up...

Last edited:
Is anybody interested in putting in on a tarp for the fire? I'd just bring one but we've all seen what happens when the owner of the tarp goes to bed & leaves it in the care of people who have nothing to lose.

I encourage everyone to come out for the weekend. It is always a great time!

With that said, it is typically very wet, and cold. Please pack accordingly. If everyone simply brings 1 bundle of wood, we should be ok!

If you can't make the whole weekend, please feel free to meet us at camp Friday or Saturday for a day of wheeling. I imagine if you get to camp by 10a you will be golden

Is anybody interested in putting in on a tarp for the fire? I'd just bring one but we've all seen what happens when the owner of the tarp goes to bed & leaves it in the care of people who have nothing to lose.

I have a great big ass tarp, one of the grey heavy ones. I have not used it in years and it's stuffed up in the rafters of my shop. I'll get it down today and see if it's still any good. If so I will donate it to the cause.

I have a great big ass tarp, one of the grey heavy ones. I have not used it in years and it's stuffed up in the rafters of my shop. I'll get it down today and see if it's still any good. If so I will donate it to the cause.

Thank you Dave!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back