• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Evans Creek Oktoberfest: 10/21 - 10/23

TORX

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I'd call last years Oktoberfest Run a success, so we're doing it again this year! October 21-23, Friday-Sunday camp out.

This run is open to anyone, member or not. Please come prepared for the conditions, be safe, and responsible.

Evans Creek is located just outside of Puyallup, Washington. You'll need three things to stay at Evans Creek, and be able to wheel the trails.

1. Northwest Forest Pass: You can either purchase a day pass for $5, or an annual pass for $30. You'll need a pass for each day your at Evans Creek.

You can find a local dealer near you at the following link.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/passespermits/vendors.php

The Gifford Pinchot HQ's are right off I205 in Vancouver for the PDX guys, or you can purchase one at the Burnett Store (Chevron) on you way to Evans Creek.

2. A width no greater than 80" bulge to bulge. I don't believe any tickets have been written yet, but proceed at your own risk if your over.

3. Evans Creek Map: The new forest plan states all visitors must have a map in the vehicle with them. I'll have a stack available, but if you want to print one out you can at the following link.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/mbs/projects/travel-management/mvum.shtml

38649_146064708744115_100000217606703_464453_306176_n.jpg

We'll be staying at the Evans Creek Campground. There are bathrooms, a covered structure, and a very iron enriched pump for water. I believe there are no fees for the campground. Bring fire wood, and lots of it! It gets chilly up there this time of year.

How do you get to Evans Creek?

From the Burnett Store (link provided above) continue on Hwy 165. You'll go through the town of Wilkenson, which is the last stop for gas (you can also fill up at the Burnett Store). Continue on Hwy 165 for several miles, and eventually you come to a one lane bridge. After the bridge you'll come to a Y in the road. Stay right, and continue up the hill on Hwy 165. This is where the pavement ends and the gravel begins. Follow the main road for a few miles, and eventually the lower staging area for Evans Creek will be on your left (big sign, you can't miss it).

The campground is a few miles up the road (look at the map). Turn into the staging area and follow the road through it for about two miles. Make a right when you get to the upper staging area (it will be on the left). The entrance to the campground is about a hundred yards up the road on the right.

With it being late October, I would predict there might be rain, and maybe even snow. The trails will will be slick and challenging. All vehicles should have front and rear town points, and come prepared for the conditions.

Evans consists of tight trails, off camber sections, and some good hill climbs. I think it's pacific northwest timber-crawling at it's finest. Body damage is a possibility, and even more so when the trails are slick (just a warning before hand).

It's going to be an awesome run. I can't wait to get back up there. Post up if you plan on making it, or if you have any questions.

IMG_0044.jpg

I will try to make it this year. Not sure if I will be staying the night there though since I live only 20 minutes away

I will be there.
bringing two coworkers, one with a CJ on 35s and one with a Tacoma on 37s.

Hoping I can make it, haven't really touched the jeep since nwfest

I am in for this! Great trails.. good homies.. good times

This message sent from my phone.. which contains glue... no tape... yet..

Come on where is the never give up Aaron.. get her fixed!

This message sent from my phone.. which contains glue... no tape... yet..

If I get it fixed by then I'll go in my own rig. If not I'll go with scott.

Sent from my mind cause I'm so Awesome.

im tentatively in. truck transmission depending.

Out completely. ring gear is chipped, and spartan is toast, Dana 30's getting new gears, and a grizzly.. Thank god for warranties.. even tho Setup isnt cheap..

next run = Thanksgiving run..

Out completely. ring gear is chipped, and spartan is toast, Dana 30's getting new gears, and a grizzly.. Thank god for warranties.. even tho Setup isnt cheap..

next run = Thanksgiving run..

Guess this means I'm out to

Sent from my mind cause I'm so Awesome.

We'll see... depends on how recovery is going, had hand surgery for torn tendon 2 weeks ago, may still be in a full splint.
The YJ's and auto right?

I don't see what the problem is. Only takes one hand to turn a steering wheel, and one foot to push the fun pedal. :D

On a different note, we (the NWC) will be giving away a $100 Quadratec gift certificate at this run. Still trying to decide on how it's going to be given away, so I'm all ears.

I was thinking another "minute to win it" campfire competition. That's always entertaining.

Well I am most likely not going to make it now. Gonna take a few weeks for the rest of the parts I need to arrive.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Wizz off?
My first thought was a game of Edward Forty Hands, but Cheez Whiz might work. The problem with that is, you've developed a taste for it.

Well I am most likely not going to make it now. Gonna take a few weeks for the rest of the parts I need to arrive.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
Get on it, you have a little over two weeks.

Worst case, come on out and camp, and then ride with someone.

Back