• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSF Noobfest Camp Out: 6/4 - 6/5

TORX

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Who: Obviously this run will be geared more toward beginners. Anyone is welcome to participate member or not, uni-body or not.
What:
The only vehicle requirement for this run is four wheel drive. Don't worry about CB's, lockers, or tire size. If you've been itching to get out on the trail, bring what you got.
When: Saturday June 4th will be the official Noob run. We'll meet at Rogers Camp at 9:00am.
Where:
This will be taking place at the Tillamook State Forest. You can top off your tanks and pick up an ORV permit at the Gales Creek Shell. Continue up Hwy 6 for another ~7 miles until you see the turnoff for Browns Camp on the left. Hang a left at the T and follow the road into Rogers Camp.

Game plan: Here's the tentative game plan for the day.
- Drivers meeting in the morning to discuss routes, and groups
- Start off with a few sections of Powerline to let everyone get a feel for their rig
- Depending on time we may stop at Mini Rubicon for a demonstration in spotting, and recovery
- Stop for a group lunch at Lyda Camp (Horse Camp depending on weather)
- Continue on up to Hoodraiser and Hogsback
- End the day with a section or two of Archers Firebreak
- Head for home/camp

Lunch: We'll be stopping for lunch mid day. If you would like to bring something for the group, post up. Don't feel obligated though. Keep it simple. I'll bring a stove for warming items up. A mini BBQ would also be nice.

Camping: If interested, we'll be camping out Saturday night at Browns Camp Campground. I believe the fee is $10 per night, and $2 per extra vehicle. You can either arrive early and set up camp, or wait until after the run is over. We may head out later for a night run (don't hold me to it!). Sunday may also include more trail running. Difficulty level will be determined in the morning. It's guaranteed to be a great time though.

I hope to see another great turnout for this. If you've been thinking about bringing your XJ out on a run, this is going to be a great run to learn the basics. It should be a lot of fun, and a great chance to learn something new. For the TSF regulars please know this will be an easy day. Your welcome to participate, or branch off on your own.

P1040982.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

Went to TSF today with Spike and now I am going to work my ass off to make it. So count me in. I am getting a bad rap for only making Christmas tree runs so I should probably get out actually try my 4wd..

I'm planning on being there as long as I get my rig done on time. This would be a great chance for me to get to know my new toy. We'll (my wife and I) will probably camp out too since it's such a long haul for us to get there. Might even get there Friday night.

I'll be there after work Saturday for camping (read drinking). I plan on beating my Jeep up Sunday.

I am there, Last year was a good time. Fantastic Turnout.

If some of you are heading up Friday, I am up for that.

Stock up on some magnesium and roll out.

Sounds like a plan, count me in. I think I may have a noob in mind to drag along.

since this is the noob run, i vote that dustin cannot bring jeepforceone, but has to bring the stocker and still be trail leader

I'm planning on takeing beth with me and letting her pilot the xj for a while to experience the rush that is 4wheeling. Hopefully there will be some "bunny hill" kind of stuff for her to play on.

For some reason I was thinking the run was much later in June. Now with the realization its the first weekend in June I'm not sure if I'll get my rig done on time. I wish I wasn't confused I don't think I would have gone shrimping 2 weekends in a row. I missed a lot of wrenching time because of that. DOH! lol

For some reason I was thinking the run was much later in June. Now with the realization its the first weekend in June I'm not sure if I'll get my rig done on time. I wish I wasn't confused I don't think I would have gone shrimping 2 weekends in a row. I missed a lot of wrenching time because of that. DOH! lol

If you could make it that would be cool. If not just get your redletter and join us in Naches WA. for NWFEST.

Back