• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Little PSA & Nac fest prep

MrShaft696

NAXJA Forum User
I had some maintenance items to take care of, and at one point in time during one of my incarnations of lift, some aluminum blocks ended up under the leafs & this is the result. It pretty much crumbled & started to disintegrate into the center bolt.

Picture001.jpg

Changed to steel
Picture002.jpg

The winter took a good toll on everything so I had alot of rust to wire brush and sand, so I touched up the bump stop plates I had made.

Picture005.jpg

Touched up the shock mounts, & the leafs have been beefed up & they are sporting a bunch of s10 main leafs & a overload leaf & its firm & its not bouncy which kind of annoyed me about the other set ups I have ran.

Picture006.jpg

Anyway who cares, but Im ready for nac fest unless something else falls of, breaks or leaks.

What kind of leaf plates are those?

I had them made by a metal shop. So basically I gave them the stock plate & a drawing, (its a little thicker than stock too). I dont anticipate bouncing off of it too much, but its there in case.

Nice work Chris! I'm sure it will hold together until NACFest :thumbup:

Do those clamps on your leafs limit the flex?

No the leafs can slide if they need too they arent that tight or restrictive. Problem I was having with the standard (stock style) spring clamps, was when I was assembling the added leafs, they werent clamping tight enough and there were gaps between the leafs, (especially the main leaf). I know they are wierd & people ask me about them from time to time, autozone sells them cheap, but you have to cut the ends off of them or they can hit your tire if they arent sitting right.

I got those steel shims from RE..pretty good. Hefty too. Took 2 weeks to get them from Cali..but good stuff!!

Back