• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Black bear 22nd

in4aride

NAXJA Forum User
I know right before cofest. But I'm home that weekend so gonna hit black bear. Let me know if interested.

I'm going to be out there for the Full Size Jeep gathering in Ouray starting tomorrow through the 23rd. My J10 won't be making the trip. I'll be in the XJ. I'm sure I could talk a couple of the FSJ crew into running Black Bear on the 22nd.

OK. My mobile is 423-217-7445. I should have better steering by Monday. Current box and pump are questionable. Swapped the box I used last year over Black Bear and ended up with one that is looser. But it should be resolved by Monday. I am looking at coming down for Friday-Monday trail runs. Black Bear/Tincup/St Elmo. I might could have lockers wired up by Black Bear if it helps. I will plan on renting a room in Montrose or Ouray.

Last edited:
Not likely. While it's open there is a TON of snow up there so it's extremely muddy and slick. So with traffic it's very slow going.

An other thing that kind of sucks now is that all of the commercial "Jeep tour" outfits down there have switched to full-size Dodge pickups with stadium seating in the back, making already narrow trails even more sketchy when you have to get by them.

Yeah, part of the slow going. Not a fan but it is what it is. Plus the idiots flying around in their rentals. No rush.

I just ran Imogene today. It's in pretty good shape. Not really muddy at all.
e3e065974837b65cf1832cfba0c8232a.jpg

Looks a lot better than when we were up there last. Depending on time we may take it back over from telluride side.

Meeting at the dirt pull off on south side of ouray. (First uturn across from box canyon entrance ).
Pull chocks at 8. Fj summit and krawlorado are there this weekend someant to get on the trail early.

Just fore warning it's been wet down here past few days so expect mushy and potential for higher waters at crossings. See ya Saturday morning.

Back