• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adopt-A-Trail Workdays: Sat. & Sun. July 22-23

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
Hello Folks,

Our next work days are July 22 and 23. We will be working on 2N49 and Cleghorn (exact schedule TBA). I would like to get another larger crew together for both days so we can split into two teams to more effectively tackle the issues.

Camping will be dispersed camping along/near the trail, exact location pending how many vehicles we have. I may provide lunch pending participation levels.

Please clear that weekend and post up here letting me know so we can work out the final details of the plan.

Thanks!
Sequoia

I'm in for Saturday only, maybe camping too. It's bound to be nicer on the trail than down here in the valley.

I'm picking up Lorrie at the airport mid day on Sunday.

I can't do Saturday and I might not have the Jeep ready for Sunday. If someone is going for just Sunday or is willing to drive back to pavement and pick me up I could help.

I think The Varmints and I can make it.

Well, I'm just a big ol' flake.

I've got a young nephew who'll be visiting from out of state and who I'd like to bring along. I think he'd enjoy it. But I just learned that he has to be back in LA by Saturday night because he's got plans with his grandma on Sunday. So, depending on his interest -- I haven't spoken to him or his folks about it yet -- I may be available Saturday only. I'll post up as plans gel.

Awe, come on? I already posted my pismo trip for that weekend. I'm never going to get any hours this year

Awe, come on? I already posted my pismo trip for that weekend. I'm never going to get any hours this year

I arranged your pinched nerve, too. :scottm:

Was the only weekend that worked out for me with Holly's schedule. I gotta keep the real boss happy.

I arranged your pinched nerve, too. :scottm:

Was the only weekend that worked out for me with Holly's schedule. I gotta keep the real boss happy.
Might not matter either way (pismo or trail work), seeing the neck surgeon Tuesday.
:hang:

gotta keep the real boss happy.

Mine is in VA / DC until the 24th of next month. If she isn't happy it's not my fault. :angel:

Mine is in VA / DC until the 24th of next month. If she isn't happy it's not my fault. :angel:

How long have you been married?

I have to believe it is longer than I have been married.

You don't even have to be in the same hemisphere for it to be your fault.

:confused1

It must be the mismatched chromosomes.

I could probably make it up in my Hyundai, but that would mean riding with someone for the weekend (or just one of the days) and then getting back to retrieve my car... If anyone's got space for me and some minimal camping gear, let me know!

My Jeep's just being too weird, and I'm too busy with other stuff right now to look at it. I think I need to pull the battery & get it swapped out, too... it was dead when I left for SoCalFest and died when I got back as well (or maybe it is just tired of my neighborhood, since it didn't give me issues up on the mountain or on the ride home).

I'll be there Saturday only, with some extra child labor. I convinced the little sucker that it'll be fun. (Bwahaha I chuckle as I twirl the right tip of my moustache.)

So, where and when do we meet up?

Well now I'm getting pressured to go to a BBQ on Saturday.
And my Jeep is still not willing... Hah, even the spare tire that I have on the LF is going flat on me now, just like the battery is.
If someone has a seat for the day on Sat or Sun and can pick me up and drop me off at my Hyundai somewhere, I'm still somewhat game, though.

Sorry for not getting back quicker, Al.

MEET SATURDAY 9:30 AM
Cleghorn Road off ramp of I-15. Stage at the trailhead.

FYI we will be joined on Saturday by Ranger Greg to work on the annual maintenance plan.

Let's get a list going of who will be joining us on Saturday, if your name isn't here please add it:

GSequoia + 1
Nimrod + 2
Bent
Ranger Greg + 1

Please note I will be providing burgers and chips for lunch.

I could probably make it up in my Hyundai, but that would mean riding with someone for the weekend (or just one of the days) and then getting back to retrieve my car... If anyone's got space for me and some minimal camping gear, let me know!

You're welcome to ride with me Saturday.

Back