• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Slaughterhouse Gulch, 5-27

Not me, I'll be in Montana visiting the grandparents over Memorial Day weekend.

Last time I ran it (years ago) I'd say most stock SUV's could run it.

Who all has run this? Could a basically stock zj do it without tearing it up?

F.S. 101 & 105 are due to open tomorrow. Maybe 1tonxj (George) can report on trail conditions.

Weston and Janine are both RSVP'd along with three other people I don't know. We also have 50ish "interested" on FB. We will most likely get 10-15 from that.

I really wish I could go on this one, but I can not.

Is there a meeting place and time of the facebook page?

Is there a meeting place and time of the facebook page?

I put 10:00 AM but can change if needed. Also, it usually works best to make the general FB event as meeting at the trail head. I have not updated that but should probably do it asap, let me know if you want to do anything else though. :guitar:

10:00 AM, at the trail head, CB channel 1. :thumbup:

Should be dry we have had little snow and it's been warm . My Jeep is getting a new rear link bridge and truss built this weekend , so can't run the loop since my Dodge on 35s is too big to fit between trees in the tighter sections without possible contact and the other vehicles same idea . But a stock Jeep can run the loop , however bone stock could make mild rocker contact or bumper contact
, but Slaughterhouse is just a step from being a bumpy dirt road ...lol...I always get a kick out of the groups of JK I see on 35-40s staging at Loaf and Jug for the trail like they are getting ready to roll a 9-10 rated trail . I will drive up to the narrow section and let you know what looks like .

I'm running full widths on 35's. Are you saying it is too narrow.

I'm running full widths on 35's. Are you saying it is too narrow.

No I'm saying a full size truck body like my long bed Ram could rub trees ...even my truck fits but if you slid off a rock or stump you are not far from a rub a 5.5 foot wide xj body has plenty of room...my xj fits and its ...96...inches wide...lol...that's full width .

Should be dry we have had little snow and it's been warm .

I dunno....... This storm coming Thurs/Fri is bound to leave quite a load of snow on Slaughter House (1-3 feet above 6000 ft). Likely a good bit left in the shady areas come the 27th and what melted off will leave much of the trail pretty sloppy.

That should keep the dust down. :)

Might be rain on Saturday... :)

Snowed last night too warm to stick but it's wet and a little sloppy . If it keeps precipitating at night the trail will just be wet and sloppy...like any other non paved road back here .

Tic-toc, tic-toc...

:guitar:

On FB we have 10 "going" and 49 "interested" - depending on the weather we'll probably see...10ish rigs?

Let me know if we need to cancel due to weather and I can update FB.

Sorry I can't be there. :eek:

:cheers:

Back