• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Saturday work party on Crooked Finger Rd (Scott's Mills)

RlCHARD CRANlUM

NAXJA Forum User
On the anniversary of my brother in law rolling his old XJ, we decided it's time to get the lead out of his arse and put the new one together.

Before
IMG_0501.jpg

After
IMG_1494.jpg

I don't have any pics of the "new" one. It's a high mileage red stocker. The old motor/trans/transfer case are already out, and the rear axle's are already switched. We'll be installing the running gear from the wreck.

He's also set to do away with the ABS. He's got the booster but isn't sure what else he needs for that. Any input Rod?

Anyone willing to lend a hand let me know. He's too far out in the sticks for internet.

you planning this next saturday i assume Ken ? let me know. I can come out for the day and help out for sure !!!! the only stock break parts left on mine are the hard lines on the frame rails, lol. but i would recommend that since u guys have the motor out, get rid of everything ABS related ! just drop in the booster and master cyl, bend up the appropriate lines, and make sure you dont forget the vacume line to the booster. might have some pedal issues ? what year is the booster from and what year / specs on the new one ?

Go Roger !!!!

Wait a minute I live in Scotts Mills and I have Internet, it is not that far out in the sticks it just closer to good wheeling. Let me know i have a full shop if you need something.

Thanks for the offer. He could get dial up, but refuses. Thanks for the offer, if we end up needing something I'll hit you up. He's about 5 miles up the hill from town.

We have sprint on a wireless card that is the only way other than dial up. I just parted out a 90 if you need something i may still have it.

Thanks. He doesn't have cell service up there, so no sprint for him. He's got the rolled rig plus another parts rig, so I doubt anything will be needed. But I'll let him know just the same.

my family is all headed to silverton saturday morning. this couldnt be planned any better... if i can assist in anyway. its not but 15 minutes out of my way to swing buy and turn a wrench..

Roger or ken, can you PM me a Phone number to call you saturday. i plan to be in silverton around noon.

was a VERY cold, but beautiful morning to be out in the middle of B.F.E. ha ha
009.jpg

011.jpg

There was no slackin at the this wrench party. if you didn't work.... you froze to death. Needless to say (i think) we got a lot done. i'll let the others tell the story, but we got the front axles removed from both rigs and swapped in the tried and true motor from Rogers old rig. Here's a few random pics from the day.

012.jpg

013.jpg

El' Presedente' electo'
016.jpg

Rogers starting to see light at the end of the tunnel
018.jpg

Not sure if Karls thinking or crop dusting ?
021.jpg

022.jpg

015.jpg

Git er' done Roger !

Thanks for all of the help. We got the motor in and mostly hooked up, the drop brackets on, and the axle from the rolled rig pulled. There's a fairly long list of things still to do, but a large portion got tackled. He'll be back on the trail in no time.

Back