• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Well....I ended up going up to 2N47 Sat 3/3

Bent

Only Marble Sharp
NAXJA Member
Along with the usual "thank yous" of people squeezing past me on the trail There were a couple of groups that actually stopped and helped load the truck. What 4 people can do in 15 minutes is pretty shocking when you've been going at the rate of one shovel at a time.

Here are a couple of pics from the day:

AA3TZeNh.jpg

Thought the shingles at the bottom of the photo made for a nice touch.

8nq3CeXh.jpg

Not the most sophisticated piece of equipment.

o2Q166fh.jpg

But effective!

hMX37wTh.jpg

Some people just need shoot'n. And to think this is only about 1/4 of what was originally dumped.

X94Xotkh.jpg

Getting near calling it a load. When I got to the dump I found out that I had 1,500 pounds in the bed. Unloading took awhile.

Prv1qt4h.jpg

Before I left I tried to consolidate things as much as I was able. I also did another nail sweep around the pile.
Don't let the picture fool you. I'd estimate that there is another 1,600 to maybe 2,000 pounds left.

If what you had in the truck was 1,500 lbs I wouldn't be surprised if there are still 3,000 lbs to load.

Iffen only we could find the ones that need shooting.

Good on you for making the time to go out there and put a dent in it.

Good idea on the bucket too. That keeps the magnets from becoming an absolute mess and means you don't have to lean over so far in order to get them close to their targets.

Great work, Tim. You are a credit to the club and to humanity. I hope I'll be able to help you out next time.

Back