• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99xj with junk on it

DeftwillP

NAXJA Forum User
I need to get this thing going sooner or later. I'll try to update over the next day or two what's been done to it.

body:
HDO middle frame stiffeners
stock rockers cut out and replaced with 3/16" 2x6 box steel
front HD bumper tie ins but currently no bumper lol....ready for any winch style bumper with 3 bolts per side
doors come off and get put back on without tools....wires are disco'd with cheap trailer harnesses (last I checked, all windows and locks still work)

suspension:
roughly 4.5" of mixed parts lift (no spacers or cheap AAL)
shackle box relocators with longer shackles
bilstein 51xx series reservoir up front and bilstein non-res in back
leafs are nice and flat so they articulate well but still hold the jeep up at the right height

axles:
dana 30 with cryo treated 4.88's and a loc-rite
alloy shafts will full circle clips
back up set of big joint stockers with full circle clips
zj steering and after market HD drop-trackbar setup (mix of tnt and others)
8.25 with 4.88's and aussie along with zj disc conversion

Gotta go to a meeting...I'll try to get the rest in a bit

I'm going to start at $6000. If waay off-base or you're interested, send me a PM.

As we discussed around the campfire the other weekend, the used market is so jacked on xj's right now. I look at the austin CL and find ones like this lolz that are clearly listed by delusional people. Then I see other rigs that are significantly cheaper like this but mine is way more built.

Like I said, send me a PM if interested or you have suggestions about pricing/selling.

Engine: was said to be rebuilt when I bought it around 10 years ago. The pan and valve cover are painted a matching light blue which suggested to me that someone had at least done a minor tear down. It has great oil pressure and pulls strong.
Exhaust is still in decent shape but has met rocks a few times. Some kind of aftermarket with just a hint of tone.
Aftermarket ignition - can't remember off the top of my head but its a big super whizbang coil and mondo plug wires plus cap and rotor of course.
4 hole injectors
All major battery cables and grounds replaced with jon "5-90" gear including the fuse. O-reilly house brand gel cell battery.
Somewhat new (last 2 years or so but I only drive it about 1k miles a year anyways) radiator and zj fan clutch. Still never touched the 210 mark even after a few hours of crawling HF the other weekend.

It's a nice rig!
HF3-27-11009.jpg

Will, I really wish I needed an off road rig ... but I seem to bee at the parks less and less. I hope someone gets it that realizes it's capabilities and worth!!!

Haha that's a great pic Dillon....a few months before I got 35s too

Back