• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeepspeed/Prerunner For Sale section? Opinions wanted?

crazyjim

NAXJA Forum User
So guys... the Jeepspeed/Prerunner section has gained momentum nicely. I was approached by someone who thought the idea of a for sale section in here would be nice. It could give us an opportunity to sell strictly go fast stuff, and weed through the rock crawling stuff.

So what are your thoughts on this? Consider this thread a feeler for the section. :cool:

sounds good it would help people learn too if everything is jeepspeed and dezert only, ive got some hydro bump brackets 4 sale(fronts jim) if you want to get this party started

I agree whole heartedly with this idea. I don't see why there shouldn't be.

I can't agree there.. having a for sale section under a tech section doesnt fit in the schema here.

I think it would be good but only if the requirements of posting include beeing able to ship the item unless its rather large like an engine, trans, axle, jeep. etc.

I like the idea, but if this is a tech forum, it would kinda distract from the whole, "tech area".

Wanna help keep folks from having to weed through the rock crawler parts ads?

Put "Jeep Speed" or "Pre Runner" in the ad title.......... :twak:

:D

Wanna help keep folks from having to weed through the rock crawler parts ads?

Put "Jeep Speed" or "Pre Runner" in the ad title.......... :twak:

:D

That would still require you too look through a for sale forum that would be driven towards crawling to find stuff rather then get a sub-forum for the jeepspeed and not have to look as hard.
Not sure why people are fussing about this. Its not like it will make all jeepspeed/prerunner tech turn to poo if we have a for sale sub-forum. :conceited

That would still require you too look through a for sale forum that would be driven towards crawling to find stuff rather then get a sub-forum for the jeepspeed and not have to look as hard.
Not sure why people are fussing about this. Its not like it will make all jeepspeed/prerunner tech turn to poo if we have a for sale sub-forum. :conceited
very well stated!:thumbup:

Well... it seems like there's a few more people for it than against it, and while I can see and understand the points of the people against it, I also see the points for it. And since it's something that can be removed later, I don't see a huge problem with giving it a shot.

I agree with the shipping terms, some of our most active Jeepspeed members are from other states, such as SLCPunk. Big ticket items such as bumpers and what not, that will require special crating to package, will be up to the seller. But things that can be easily boxed, let's just all agree to ship them.

I'll talk to the powers that be, and you guys will know the decision soon enough. Thanks for the input from all!

I'm not entire;y against it, but Yellaheep's idea actually would be plenty simple to find stuff. Search thread titles for Jeepspeed or prerunner. :dunno: Either way it works out will be fine by me. I'm not involved in the running of the forum, so it won't be my couple minutes to add or remove it later. :D

do it...what do you got to loose other than bandwidth?

Organization.

Are we next going to put in a mod_tech for-sale forum, where we can sell lift kits and shortbody 7100's? Or do those have to go in jeepspeeds for sale?

A street and performance for-sale too, for the bored throttle body's and HID headlights.

Don't forget the picture showcase for-sale, where you can sell camera's and dust filters for lenses.

We need a jeepspeed specific for-sale forum like I need a hole in my head.

Back