• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bill Moore Lake

jeepfreak1020

NAXJA Forum User
So ive been wanting to try out my jeep since i bought it, and this sunday 7/27 me and my dad are going to run Bill moore lake. This will be my first trip out. Ive wheeled with my brother and his TJ quite a few time, but this will be my first trail in my own jeep. My brother cant come, and I really dont want to run it by myself, so anyone else down to join me?

Last edited:
I've heard of it... where is it? And too bad I work on Sunday...

XJNOOB93 said:
I've heard of it... where is it? And too bad I work on Sunday...

Take I-70 past Idaho Springs, then take the exit to Empire, and its just east of empire. Dam i cant find anyone to come with me, and i dont want to do the trail alone. Its a nice trail, i wish you could come

I might be able to run that with ya. I won't know until Saturday afternoon though.

Dang... I really wanna run this. Maybe I could meet up later on in the day..:cry:

My dad and I tried to run Bill Moore about a month back and it was still majorly snowed in about a mile or so from the lake. I'd guess a month of the temperatures we've been having would be enough to open it up. We were planning on going fishing this Sunday and haven't decided where yet - maybe we'll be able to join ya. Unfortunately I won't know until the last minute...

jawa2021 said:
My dad and I tried to run Bill Moore about a month back and it was still majorly snowed in about a mile or so from the lake. I'd guess a month of the temperatures we've been having would be enough to open it up. We were planning on going fishing this Sunday and haven't decided where yet - maybe we'll be able to join ya. Unfortunately I won't know until the last minute...

it was open to the lake last weekend according to a group that ran it

Damn I wish I could make it I love Bill Moore but I think my fuel pump is going out and dont want to take the chance. Maybe if I get a new one in there before sunday.

No go for me. Too many things going on.

Have a great day up there!

Back