• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSF Noobfest Camp Out: 6/4 - 6/5

streetpirate

NAXJA Forum User
DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0009-1.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0072.jpg

DSC_0076.jpg

DSC_0083-1.jpg

DSC_0087.jpg

DSC_0091.jpg

DSC_0095.jpg

DSC_0046.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

photobucket is acting up, these should be rotated correctly

DSC_0258-1.jpg

DSC_0255-1.jpg

Scott and I got there a little late, found the guys and jumped right in.

Scott started the day out good!
a6cd8cc7-629f-e594.jpg

Then he became... THAT GUY.
a6cd8cc7-6302-9425.jpg

Ha ha just had to flip you some poop.
I was that guy to... O well.

Fun fun trip! I missed you guys. Almost 8 months later, back in it! Bigger and better... Ok well maybe better looking.

a6cd8cc7-63a2-0a0f.jpg

a6cd8cc7-63cb-087c.jpg

a6cd8cc7-6405-4344.jpg

a6cd8cc7-641f-529f.jpg

Darien and erics tent fell down... Hmm maybe cuz it was 10:30 and they where still sleeping.

a6cd8cc7-6466-d2ae.jpg

using iPhone Tapatalk

Had a great time ! God I love our lil disfunctional family :wave1:

my pics,in no particular order...

007.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

022.jpg

Hey.... who's "That guy" ?
021.jpg

028.jpg

027.jpg

033.jpg

037.jpg

Got tons of video of almost everyone.... gonna take a while to upload...

Noobfest was once again a huge success.

We started Saturday with I believe 11 XJ, 1 Toyota Pickup, and an ATV.
IMG_0015.jpg

Gameplan was to start off with a few sections of Powerline. Streetpirate modified the Pirate Ship for trail duty.
IMG_0018.jpg

Tail end of the group.
IMG_0021.jpg

Aaron coming up an optional climb.
IMG_0024.jpg

Jeremy (98cherokee35s) and his wife tagged along all day on their quad after catastrophic trailer failure.
IMG_0025.jpg

We ran Powerline, all the way to Lyda Camp. A few adjustments were made on a few of the rigs, and we continued on to Hoodraiser. Hoodraiser is a pretty basic trail that is great for getting a feel for your rig. We ran it pretty quickly, and continued up to Hogsback.

Hogsback is just something everyone has to do. It looks far more intimidating than it is. Streetpirate got some great pictures of the runs up it in his first post. After the first hill climb, we continued on through the second section.

Gatekeeper.
IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

Jeremy was pretty worried he wouldn't fit.
IMG_0028.jpg

The back side of Hogsback went smoothly. It's main challenge is just tight turns through the trees. That then lead Rod and I to see who could do the trail with the least amount of reverses. I don't want to hurt feelings so I won't say who won...

We took a quick lunch after Hogsback, and continued on down the Rocky Uphill bypass. This "road" is shaping into a nice trail. Here's Matt (BannieXJ) dropping off the off camber corner.
IMG_0029.jpg

This could have been a good picture, sorry Dave2.
IMG_0030.jpg

I've never seen someone plow dirt with their bumper, but then again Streetpirate is one of the few stockers I've seen run it.
IMG_0032.jpg

Dave (GlueNTape) developed a leak on his power steering hose, and after a trail fix was put into place we continued on to Archer Firebreak. Archers had a few good hill climbs that a few had to work at and provided a good challenge.

Last edited:
Eventually we made our way to Waterfall. After coming out of retirement Rod was first to give it a shot.
IMG_0034.jpg

I set the camera down, and focused on spotting so no pictures. However, Streetpirate got a lot of good ones in second and third posts. Rod crawled the left ledges, while Aaron and Nick walked the right side corned.

Scott well... he tapped out. :D
IMG_0035.jpg

Shake down run for Nick and his freshly polished 2 door. Worked great!
IMG_0036.jpg

Our Gang Offroad had their "Season Opener," run going on, so we watched a few rigs make it up.
IMG_0038.jpg

After traffic cleared I finally got in line, and took my turn up the left ledges.

Feeling good about the day, we decided to head back. I felt like I had one more good obstacle left in me, so we made a quick stop at Mini Rubicon. I'll let Streetpirates pictures do the talking, but it's my trophy for the weekend. :cool:

Rod took one for the team, and decided it was a great place to provide a recovery demo. What a great guy!
IMG_0044.jpg

Exhausted, sweaty, and covered in dust we all made our way back to camp for the night. As usual the NWC campfire was a great time.

Sunday morning rolled around, and surprisingly we stuck to the plan and headed out for some more trails.

Firebreak 5 was up first. Scott got his Man Card revoked by the wife.
IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

Trouble.
IMG_0051.jpg

Second climb on the first section. Luckily it was pretty dry and traction wasn't an issue. It allowed you to try additional lines.
IMG_0053.jpg

Pinkjeep3
IMG_0054.jpg

Firebreak 5 was pretty straight forward. We continued on to Saddle Up, to see what the condition of the trail was. After hearing rumors of it being taken due to logging, I was pleased to see the trail itself really hasn't changed.
IMG_0061.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

Point and shoot rig.
IMG_0065.jpg

After Saddle Up, we were determined to run Airplane Hill. Unfortunately it's still closed for it's seasonal closure. We continued on up to 7-Up where we got a taste of the awesomeness of late spring snow.
IMG_0066.jpg

We stopped and ran Hogsback again. Dellstopjeep's Wife took 4,370 pictures of our runs up it, so stay tuned.

Rocky Uphill was next, and after not believing Arron that the "trail has changed," much to my surprise it has (big ass rock got moved).
IMG_0067.jpg

Everyone made it up pretty cleanly.
IMG_0068.jpg

A few of us ran it back down and unintentionally tried to see how many rocks we could hit on the way down (worst game ever). After regrouping, we headed up to Canpener to let Goblazers_6 run it. Simple Green spanked the bottom filter, but lacked the clearance on the top ledges. I failed as a spotter, and he backed down with one less waggy taillight, and front marker lens.

Nearing 6:00 we cruised back to camp to air up, and head out. I had an absolute blast, and hope a few learned what their rigs are capable of.

Last edited:
I've never seen someone plow dirt with their bumper, but then again Streetpirate is one of the few stockers I've seen run it.
IMG_0032.jpg

actually I'm plowing dirt with my front spoiler. That was the first time Ive ever been spotted through something that there is no way in hell I could have made it without flopping otherwise. It was sweet, Dustin's in charge for a reason :) I'm really regretting not running that one part of hogsback, but there's always next time.

Last edited:
I had a really great time with everyone. It was a great time.
So here are the pics of rigs I got, in no particular order.
100_0095.jpg

100_0094.jpg

100_0092.jpg

100_0087.jpg

100_0084.jpg

100_0083.jpg

100_0082.jpg

100_0096.jpg

100_0130.jpg

100_0126.jpg

And last nut not least, the Vids
2011%20Noob%20Run