• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trails: What's your plan?

TORX

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I know a few people are wondering what the plan is for trails this year.

If you're familiar with the area, post up what you plan to run, or any ideas you may have. If you don't know the area, let us know what type of run you'd like to see happen.

Here's TORX's tentative trail plan:
Wednesday: Arrive, maybe pre-run Kaner up to the Lilly Pond and head back down the main road late afternoon.
Thursday: Kaner Flats, Shoestring, Tripod Flats, Buck Meadows, etc. I foresee this being a long day on the trail.
Friday: 1600rd, Little Bald Mountain, Mud Springs, Clover Springs. Basically running the trails on the South side of 410. Probably do some exploring.
Saturday: I can lead an easy run up to the rocks, via 1702(?) rd. I also thought about just heading up to Ravens Roost as well, and just taking it easy to get back early for set up.

I need to dig out my maps, and get the routes locked in. Anyone is welcome to tag along on my runs. Friday and Saturday should be pretty moderate. Thursday will probably be geared more toward a fast paced/hard run.

Also, anyone heard of any new road/trail closures? Seems like we had a mild winter, so hopefully snow isn't as big of an issue this year.

Last edited:
TORX,
your tentative plan looks pretty good. I am somewhat familiar with the trails up there. Right now i am more worried about the condition of the trails and wether or not the FS will lift the seasonal restrictions on trail use. I believe tomorrow we should know more. There are a few folks from other clubs that use this forum, maybe they know more about this and what the FS will or wont do.

As for me, after last years run, I am going to try to take it easy this time.

My plan is to be Up and ready to roll on time this year.. and Follow our BOD Trail leaders!

:farmer:

Back