• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sand Flea Rally 2011

mojojojo

NAXJA Forum User
I didn't get many pictures this year, but had a great time !

Met up with Nick Jr (Xjkid33) around 1130 Friday and hit the road. I told Nick to try and get in front of me just out of the pass on hwy6, so he hopefully wouldnt get popped for flaps n flares... I no more than said that and...
002.jpg

He got off lucky and we hauled ass to get to camp. Showed up and found Dave (redxjbuilder) and his family had saved a great spot for us ! We headed out to play for a bit and then came back and drank the night away, campfire hopping turned into beer pong, steeking... and well, ill leave the rest to your imaginations :laugh:

I got up Saturday and headed for registration. I couldn't find Nick (redjeep3) anywhere, so I filled the form out and just put "nick" in the co-pilot spot. Just as we headed out to start the rally, I see the Dunetech truck pull up and out pops Nick. So I ended up with 2 co-pilots... Nick, and my back-up plan, Nick Jr.

Redjeep :eyes: Orangejeep

We bumped into John (bronzewyrm), but we couldn't run the rally together because of the staggered start this year.

So we headed out, took forever to track down checkpoint #1. But we flew through the rest and turned in our completed score card in less than 3 hours. We were pleasantly suprised to hear we were the current leaders with 188 points !!! :guitar:

When we looked at the stack of papers we quickly realized there were only 5-10 scorecards turned in so far...

We headed back to camp for lunch and some much needed chill time after the shenanigans the previous evening :confused1

decided we'd go beat the rigs up a lil more while we were waiting for the raffle and awards, so we headed out. Nick Jr's jeep crapped out soon after, and would not restart ? ? ? We towed it to the derrick rd day use area and headed back for help. Dave (RedXJbuilder) came out and towed him back to camp and I headed for the raffle...

saw some of the pistons crew there
009.jpg

010.jpg

006.jpg

I heard the familiar 4.0L pulling up and Nick had gotten the jeep running again, just in time for the raffle and awards
004.jpg

When it came time for the awards, I was shocked to hear we had placed 3rd !
012.jpg

I think 1st and 2nd were 196 and 194 ? we were soooo close...

Had an awesome time ! Thanks Nick and Nick for being kick ass co-pilots ! Thanks Dave and the family for putting up with us :cheers:

There is more to the Nick jr jeep story... but thats a whole nother write up :gag:

It maybe this weekend but when I get the streekers pics and vids I will try and post them up. Had a great time was fun camping with you.

Dave

Sounds like you guys had good time, I was there Saturday evening and Sunday, never even saw you guys! we had a good weekend, I lost a fender flare and ripped a factory shock mount off my rear axle. Saw slot of carnage, bad frame damage on a few trucks.

Last edited:
Yeah jumps and yanking on stuck trucks way to hard! 2 guys in our group blew the resiviors apart on their 2.5 FOA shocks, another huge full-size framed buggy jumped huge "flew about 80 feet 5 feet off the ground" bent his Dana 60 severly along with his frame, steering wheel, wheels, and really the whole truck! You could find cracks and broken welds everywhere you looked under the truck. It was nuts!

Yeah jumps and yanking on stuck trucks way to hard! 2 guys in our group blew the resiviors apart on their 2.5 FOA shocks, another huge full-size framed buggy jumped huge "flew about 80 feet 5 feet off the ground" bent his Dana 60 severly along with his frame, steering wheel, wheels, and really the whole truck! You could find cracks and broken welds everywhere you looked under the truck. It was nuts!

I didn't see you down there this year till we were on our way home. You blew by me on 205 headed east.

Dave

Looked like you guys had some nice weather! I wish I could have made it.

Back