• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

another moab 2011 trip report..

Axle shaft u-joints use a half circle clips on the insides of the ears to retain the caps (not on the outside of the cap like a drive shaft). If six states installed them I would think they would have installed the clips. I just find it odd you lost caps so easily.

Here's a pic of some stock shafts I modified for full circle clips. Alloys come pre machined for these.
P1010019-1.jpg
All makes sense now. :dunce:

Very nice, glad you managed through the issues and cmpleted the trip. Firs timeout there?

Where'd you camp...Slickrock?
Yes. first time there, witch is why we stayed at Slickrock, I will never stay there again.. Next year i am going to get a cabin at Moab rim Campark..

Last edited:
Yes. first time there, witch is why we stayed at Slickrock, I will never stay there again.. Next year i am going to get a cabin at Moab rim Campark..

Is there tv spaces? I want to go next year after I save up for fuel and finish up my wrangler.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oops! RV

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yes. all the campgrounds have RV spaces. with 30amp hookup

dave, If your interested, I plan to put in my reservations in Mid-augest for next years trip.. I will probably start a trip-plan thread before hand..

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing! Good Times

Dustin kept me posted on your constant missfortune for the week. Sucks that you spent so much time wrenching instead of playing. Not to bad though for a shake down run. Either way Im sure you had a blast like me!

Back