• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSF Sun. March 13th

Yeah no problem Bronze I have to admit you were hung up really good. Have you looked under your Jeep yet to see what you were hung up on. I didnt escape unscathed something is bent underneath and my steering is all messed up. Maybe it was the tree I was hung up on or maybe hitting that tough spot on cedar a little to hard. I had fun however I think I am worse off that my Jeep I was fighting a cold before going to TSF and I think that spending the day in the rain just did me in.

well fellas, i do apologize for the delay. this last week has been busy busy busy. it was the last week of school for me at IITR www.iitr.net crammed full of yard and road tests. Today i took my State CDL test with the third party tester, kicked its arse of course, so now i have myself an Oregon class A CDL with air breaks doubles/triples tank and hazmat endorsements :roll:

Anywho on to the meat and potatoes. Normally i have a full fledged article for your enjoyment. Though this time unfortunately with this last week being so nuts i don't have the brain power to remember the details of the day. i will do my best to describe the events that occurred.

As usual i showed up late (go figure) my radio isn't up to what it used to be so i had some trouble getting a hold of the rest of the group. checked rogers camp first, everyone had already departed. so i decided to try to find them. i didn't get to far away when i hear Jason i believe (crazymoose) over the CB looking for the same folks i was. i decided to head back to rogers and meet up with him and see if it would be easier to find everyone with another set of ears. we finally found ceder tree and began to follow that trail until meeting up with the rest somewhere around the beginning of the second section. not to far after i managed to get myself stuck in a root hole of a tree that came down sometime this winter. with a strap around my front diff. (i know :twak:) i was on my way again. up the way a tad, a small battle with what is normally a simple 10yd climb was a sloppy brown snow slosh garden. regrouping at the end of this section we decided not to continue on with the rest as the snow was getting deeper and more stuckacating.

DSC_9683.jpg

i didn't get any good action shots. mostly because i was too lazy to hike my cold arse up to where it was:laugh3: . the rain was coming down and snow had the consistency of a snow cone.

DSC_9694.jpg

DSC_9691.jpg

DSC_9707.jpg

DSC_9719.jpg

i decided to let my lady drive my Jeep to me, then i made her climb over a fallen tree hehe.
DSC_9721.jpg

making our way to firebreak 5 and the rock of doom was pretty uneventful. at the rock of DooM was as fun as always, with a group ahead of us having a time of it.

DSC_9917.jpg

but once they seen the killer clowns from outer space on the way things got movin'
DSC_9914.jpg

DSC_9930.jpg

pics never do this obstacle justice, just trust me when i say it was sloppy.
DSC_9949.jpg

after the rock of DooM we decided to call it a day. the kids were sleeping and the feet were monin. we aired up at rogers and practiced some recovery techniques. can never have too much practice in that area.
DSC_9988.jpg

as far as i know everyone got home safe. it was a good drive, the lady and i were hungry so we stopped off at the black bear diner in Beaverton for some dinner. fantastic food, portions that would choke Godzilla

I cant believe I got high centered on that snow bank and had to be pulled off it. I can understand the fallen tree but the snow really. I also cant believe its the last day I felt worth a dam it was a good day all in all. We will need to return sometime this summer I would like to explore more trails once the Jeep gets some stuff fixed.

Back