• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Please help to Identify

Mr.G & Family

NAXJA Forum User
Please help to identify.

DSC09481.jpg

DSC09485.jpg

DSC09484.jpg

DSC09483.jpg

8.25 rear
d30 front
231 tcase.

if the rear is pre 96 its a 27 spilne, later ones are 29.
and the front looks like a high pinion non vacuum disconnect.

GrimmJeeper said:
8.25 rear
d30 front
231 tcase.

if the rear is pre 96 its a 27 spilne, later ones are 29.
and the front looks like a high pinion non vacuum disconnect.
Yup

So is all that good? Or weak? I noticed a tag on the rear Axel said (35)

Mr.G & Family said:
So is all that good? Or weak? I noticed a tag on the rear Axel said (35)
thats the gear ratio 3.55

its all good. only upgrades would be a 29 spline rear end, or beefy axleshafts front and rear, and a slip yoke eliminator for the tcase.

oh and before someone else posts something nasty about it tech posts like this should go into the oem tech forum :D

trail rate this said:
MR. G & Family if you're interested in upgradeing to 29 spline rear axle. I've got some 29 spline axles and the spider gears that would need to convert it. Pretty much make a reasonable offer and their yours. Easy install also.

What is the advantage of converting to the 29 Spline axles and spider gears?
:wierd:

29 splines are stronger than 27.

Or I can sell you a complete 8.25 with 29 spline axles.

You can't upgrade from 27 to 29 splines by swpping out JUST the spider gears nd axles.

You also need to replace the carrier, either with a 29 spline carrier or a carrier replacement locker like a Detroit. (Yes, I know the carrier doesn't have splines, but the side gear dimensions are different.)

I've run into this before, cost me a week on my 8.25 upgrade plans...

bburge

The other option is to pull the 27 spline carrier and hone the holes the axles go through out to fit 29 spline shafts.. but its less work to just buy a damn detroit or arb.

cal said:
The other option is to pull the 27 spline carrier and hone the holes the axles go through out to fit 29 spline shafts.. but its less work to just buy a damn detroit or arb.

Well I already know I want to get lockers for the front and rear. So knowing this should I just wait? And what other parts will I need when I go this route.

This is the Plate I ordered from the DMV, but I have to wait untill I get all my parts.

LicPlate.jpg

Back