• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Comp Shackles or Stinky Fab shackles

AJ_learns_XJs

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking for someone who has experience running the Boostwerks Comp Shackles on and off road. Are there any cons to running these?

I am looking to repace the Revolver Shackles that came on my Jeep. I plan on doing more of an overland style XJ not really expecting to do crazy rock crawling. Something with good road manners I could drive to the trail with decent off roading ability.

I have a set of HD Lift SRB's. But not sure if the Boostwerks shackles or Stinky Fab's new shackles would fit my build better. Any info from people who have used either and can tell me the pros and cons would be appreciated.

I have the SFR shackles on my rig, and they work great. I am running them with my Deaver leafs and a shackle relocation bracket, and it is a great combo. I just got back from a week long wheeling trip up in NorCal, had all my gear loaded in the back, and beat the crap out of the shackles on the trails and they held up fine. I can highly recommend them.

If I understand the BWE shackles correctly, the shackle can not only rotate forward and backward, but also side-to-side. I imagine that this is great for allowing the rear suspension to flex at one wheel much more than the other when navigating uneven terrain, but I would also think that the ability for the BWE shackle to rotate side-to-side would more easily allow the body of the vehicle to shift side-to-side over the rear axle when cornering at highway speeds. The leaves would have to twist at the same time, but I think that they would readily do that. I would imagine that it feels pretty funky, but just a guess. I'd be curious to hear experiences from people who have them.

I'm sure that traditional urethane cushioned shackles allow the same thing, but to a much lesser extent.

Thats what they all say but I think i disagree. I think all that will be noticed is joint and spring long jevity.

I think im going to run a set and find out.

If I understand the BWE shackles correctly, the shackle can not only rotate forward and backward, but also side-to-side. I imagine that this is great for allowing the rear suspension to flex at one wheel much more than the other when navigating uneven terrain, but I would also think that the ability for the BWE shackle to rotate side-to-side would more easily allow the body of the vehicle to shift side-to-side over the rear axle when cornering at highway speeds. The leaves would have to twist at the same time, but I think that they would readily do that. I would imagine that it feels pretty funky, but just a guess. I'd be curious to hear experiences from people who have them.

I'm sure that traditional urethane cushioned shackles allow the same thing, but to a much lesser extent.

I know they say don't use them if you don't have a front sway bar. Thats what kept me from buying them- at the time I didn't.

I bought JKS but that was before the SFR was available. Would have gone that route if it was.

I've had this idea in my head for a while but haven't tried it.
The rubber bushings in the rear leaves must allow for some side to side sway. Why not use the stock rear sway bar with some disconnects on it in order to gain a more solid towing behavior? Or in yall's case, using the rear sway bar in combination with a revolver-type shackle to maintain good road manners.
Maybe someone with more expertise can comment on this

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I have the SFR shackles on my rig, and they work great. I am running them with my Deaver leafs and a shackle relocation bracket, and it is a great combo. I just got back from a week long wheeling trip up in NorCal, had all my gear loaded in the back, and beat the crap out of the shackles on the trails and they held up fine. I can highly recommend them.

what relocation brackets are you running?

Back