• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Denver area shop recommendation

bmpweXJ

NAXJA Forum User
It’s been years since I posted here and years since I sold my XJ. I recently moved back to Denver and bought a JL.

I called a local shop at the recommendation of Long Range America (aux fuel tanks) and was quoted $170 an hour. What’s a reasonable rate around d here now? That seems crazy high and I’d love recommendations if anyone has had good experiences.

Not looking to pay nothing, but a good value would be appreciated.

Thanks!

It’s been years since I posted here and years since I sold my XJ. I recently moved back to Denver and bought a JL.

I called a local shop at the recommendation of Long Range America (aux fuel tanks) and was quoted $170 an hour. What’s a reasonable rate around d here now? That seems crazy high and I’d love recommendations if anyone has had good experiences.

Not looking to pay nothing, but a good value would be appreciated.

Thanks!

That is a fair bit high, IIRC most shops/dealers are in the 130/hr range. However, most shops and service places are slammed with people who have nothing better to do. Some places have jumped prices simply because they can. Talk to northridge i think, maybe slee, or some other folks and see what they are looking like. Expect heavy lead times and higher costs than normal.

That is a fair bit high, IIRC most shops/dealers are in the 130/hr range. However, most shops and service places are slammed with people who have nothing better to do. Some places have jumped prices simply because they can. Talk to northridge i think, maybe slee, or some other folks and see what they are looking like. Expect heavy lead times and higher costs than normal.

I would agree. 130 is fairly average. What are you looking to get done?

I'm not local, but your post caught my eye. I did make a number of business trips to the Aurora area in the past couple of years (the last one was about a month before the whole COVID thing started), and remember passing a place called "Built 4 Fun 4x4" on Airport Blvd.

Might be worth a call: https://www.built4fun4x4.com/

When I bought some take-offs from Trail Jeeps, he quoted $180/hr for shop rate. He does high end work and always seems to be busy.

I don't know what his hourly rate is, but the owner/operator of Dusty Dog Garage oozes integrity.

Both shops are owner operated and treat customers like they are the shop's lifeblood.

Back