• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who has a smittybilt or hobo freight winch.

1-tonxj

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Looking for a 16-17k unit...warn is too much money for tow rig winch that is rare occasion use .the smitty and hobo are about $750 vs $2000 for the W... 16k with a snatch block if needed should easily pill truck and trailer loaded if stuck .

What about Quadratec's Q-series line? I've got a Q11000, seems to work good. Prices are inline with the HF and Smittyilts...

What about Quadratec's Q-series line? I've got a Q11000, seems to work good. Prices are inline with the HF and Smittyilts...

Have to see what they have in the 16k ish size ... it needs to be sized big enough to pull the tow rig and trailer loaded with the Jeep if it gets stuck .

I don’t think smith built makes a 16,000 pound winch anymore.

I used my 9,500 to get me out of some tight spots at Fordyce. I trust the brand and I think the biggest feature I’d want improved is the winch out speed. I didn’t feel how hot the smittybuilt got. If it was me buying for a tow rig I’d get a superwinch.

Well I’ll be....15,500 smittybuilt is about $700 at Summit Racing.

https://www.summitracing.com/search...l-rating-lbs:15-000-lbs_15-500-lbs_18-000-lbs

The usperwinch tigershark no load line speed seems extremely slow. Painfully slow. I like the gear reduction a lot though.

17.5k XRC I just ordered off eBay for $648 shipped. That's the biggest that fits in the bumper. For this application this is plenty reliable I think . A warn in this class is over $2k ...lol... too rich for my blood for a tow rig .

Sorry, didn't realize you were looking for something that big and for the tow rig, thought it was the Jeep you were equipping; also, I rechecked and the Qtechs max at 12K.

Glad you found something to work.

Sorry, didn't realize you were looking for something that big and for the tow rig, thought it was the Jeep you were equipping; also, I rechecked and the Qtechs max at 12K.

Glad you found something to work.

Yeah the smittybilt seems decent ...lol... we'll see if it works flawlessly after 6 years of sitting outsude all 4 seasons like my old Warn 9000I bought used for $500 6 years ago .

Back