NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Events > Past NAXJA Events > PAST NAXJA EVENTS > 2003 20th Anniversary Celebration! Moab, Utah
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

2003 20th Anniversary Celebration! Moab, Utah Come join NAXJA at the 20th Anniversary Celebration of the XJ. Moab, Utah. October 2003

Old July 9th, 2003, 21:26
NAXJA Member # 13

Trail List is done.

The trail list is in the hands of the Event Guru, the almighty Goatman. I've collected your input, dumped it into my PC, bent, folded, mutilated, cut and pasted, re-cut and re-pasted, filtered, tweaked and modified it into a weeks worth of slickrock crawling, scenery oogling, skidplate scraping, sidewall scuffing, photo snapping, driveline bending, ujoint busting, tackweld popping (BJ), t-case fragging (Bones),sheetmetal bending, rubber side upping (you know who you are) wheelie popping, red sand in every orifice, good clean family fun......

The list will be made available to the masses as soon as G-man gives final approval. There are still a few leader slots available so don't be shy, it's not as hard as you think and your rig will stay dust free the whole day.
Thanks to all that have stepped up to lead trails and supplied ideas and input on the event. This will be one to remember so tell your boss that you're calling in sick Oct. 6-12th and get yourself to MOAB!!
Old July 10th, 2003, 00:05
NAXJA Member

It's been a VERY hectic week, and I haven't looked at it yet. But, the last revision looked pretty good.

Soon.......

Please, everyone be sure to go to the pre-registration page and send in your registration by Sept 8th. We need to know how many to plan for, and you need to get those shirt orders in.
Thanks to , Falken Tires, Bishop-Buehl Racing Engines, Ten Factory Axles, Brown Dog, Hooker Harness, BILSTEIN, Raceline Wheels, WARN, G&G Auto Repair/Off Road, Yukon Gear and Axle, Full Traction, Cal, Russ, James, and many, many others.
Old July 15th, 2003, 21:05
Member #Nay

come awn goatsmelly, get with it!

do we know FER SURE what's open on hells revenge so we don't get reminded after the fact?

is NJ Mike leading the turnpike again this year?
Old July 16th, 2003, 06:05
NAXJA Member #135

I was there in May...

...and there was no indication that any of the optional obstacles were closed.

Nobody in my group was interested in Escalator but it looked open too.
Old July 16th, 2003, 07:06
NAXJA Life Member

Mr. Beezil:

As I only anticipate leading some moderate "scenic" stuff this year . . . (don't know yet what made the final cut, but could be Shafer/Lathrop, Top of the World/Rose Garden, Porcupine Rim, Elephant Hill/Confluence) . . . I wouldn't expect to see your gnarly rig in my line.

However, if Eagle gets to be too rambunctious on those sedate drives, you can be sure I'll send him over to you for true adventure!

BTW, I never lead Turnpike rides - the Turnpike is for temporary immigrants - the Garden State Parkway is the local run (except for those pesky Canucks headed down to Wildwood).

2 1/2 months!!!

The BOSS is back!!!!!

Mike in NJ
Old July 16th, 2003, 22:32
Member #Nay

I can make any of the aforementioned trails more familiar to the midwest set by draggin a 30-year-old kenmore appliance out west with me....

lemme know if you need help.
Old July 19th, 2003, 12:42
NAXJA Forum User

Will ya bring the golf cart too??????

Come on Goat, out with it man. Some of us are coming up with some crazy plans

Sean
Old July 19th, 2003, 14:21
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally posted by OneTonXJ
Will ya bring the golf cart too??????

Come on Goat, out with it man. Some of us are coming up with some crazy plans

Sean
We need some of those crazy plans. I just want to know what day we're running Helldorado.......that won't be on any trail plan.

The trail coordinator, Mr X, has an approved trail plan.
Thanks to , Falken Tires, Bishop-Buehl Racing Engines, Ten Factory Axles, Brown Dog, Hooker Harness, BILSTEIN, Raceline Wheels, WARN, G&G Auto Repair/Off Road, Yukon Gear and Axle, Full Traction, Cal, Russ, James, and many, many others.
Old July 19th, 2003, 17:37
NAXJA Forum User

Seems to me that Helldorado should either be Fri. or Sat. Since the big shabang is on Fri. logic tells me we should run it on Sat. I really don't feel like blowing my front axle up at the begining of the week.
Old July 19th, 2003, 18:07
NAXJA Forum User

Not sure how bad this trail is but I would appreciate evryone being on time for the meal Fri...
Old July 19th, 2003, 20:53
NAXJA Forum User

From past experience, most folks will get there as soon as they are able, which is usually on time. However, expect the unexpected regardless of what trails are being run on Friday. I agree, though, that the most hardcore trail(s) should not be run on this day.

Tom
Old July 20th, 2003, 12:02
NAXJA Forum User

Well Mr. Turner, are we to be kept in the dark forever??????? Or are the 2 of you just toying with our emotions?

Heather, don't you worry about the dinner. If some of us are broken, stuck, etc..... it's our own fault. Most folks should be there, but crap happens no matter where you are. It may be the stocker group that doesn't make it back until midnight this time.
Old July 20th, 2003, 16:04
NAXJA Member

Quote:

Heather, don't you worry about the dinner. If some of us are broken, stuck, etc..... it's our own fault. Most folks should be there, but crap happens no matter where you are. It may be the stocker group that doesn't make it back until midnight this time.
Just keep Mr X Jeff, and Bones's Barclay and Ward off of Golden Spike on Friday and everything should be OK.

Last edited by Goatman; July 21st, 2003 at 09:48.
Old July 21st, 2003, 00:21
NAXJA Forum User

Hey...

I resemble that remark !

Bones (Ward)
Old July 21st, 2003, 02:50
NAXJA Member # 13

Quote:
Well Mr. Turner, are we to be kept in the dark forever??????? Or are the 2 of you just toying with our emotions?

Gmorning Sugarlump!
Would I intentionally do such a thing??
Look at my dedication to this fine org.......I'm responding to your post at 3:50 am Utah time......
Quit yer whining.......the trail stuff will be posted this week....I've spent the last 12 hrs doing this so cut me some slack, Jack!!

And when did I ever hold up a trail due to breakage? Surely you're not counting the boomerang-ed D35 incident on Rusty Nail a few years ago?