• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Name that D44 part

XJ_ranger

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
hey

im looking for the "thrust washer" that goes on the stub shaft and keeps the yoke on the stub shaft from rubbing on the spindle - i need to know what it is called so i can get new ones to put my shafts in finally

looking forward to having 4x4 again...

Click for full size
see how the stub on the right has a brass "bushing" and the one on the left doesnt? (not to mention the terrible bearing surface on that shaft)

any help much appriciated...

I just went through this and that bushing came with the package that had the spindle seals I got from my local 4x4 shop. I would try that first and if it doesnt work, go to NAPA and start looking through their book.

AARON

anyone else?

have been looking on online parts stores... but no luck thusfar...

Most auto parts places have a spindle bearing kit. It contains 4 parts, that bronze or sometimes plastic thrust washer, the spindle needle bearings, a large rubber seal to keep dirt from the getting past the slinger and a small rubber seal to protect the spindle needle bearings. Timken sells this kit as a part number SBK1 (spindle bearing kit 1) which I can get at auto zone for a few bucks.

Here is the same kit from complete offroad.com
http://completeoffroad.com/wsm/i-386_spindle_bearing_kit_dana_44.html

Hope this is what you were looking for...

thank you - exactly what i was looking for!

SpindleBearingKitDana44124254903.jpg

cool!

Back