• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JCR rear tire carrier trade for non-tire carrier bumper - SOLD

Darky

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone interested? I have the JCR tire carrier rear bumper (no gas can mount). It's in great shape, haven't hit anything with it. It's been on the XJ for about a year or so now.

I'm going a slightly different direction now, going more towards dual purpose trail and desert and have been told that a tire carrier bumper is a bad idea if you will be hitting the whoops at all.

Re: JCR rear tire carrier trade for non-tire carrier bumper

I don't have one for trade, but i'd like to see some pics.

I have a rear number that's all tubed but u'll need to cut and fold ur rear quarters. Lemme know if u want pics

Just remove the tire carrier, then cut the spindle off..Grind it down an repaint..Save time and gas..

Just remove the tire carrier, then cut the spindle off..Grind it down an repaint..Save time and gas..
Well aren't you Mr Logical...;) I just may do that.

I was shocked to find I have no pics taken of it with the tire carrier, so I'll have to fix that.

ProjectJeep, I wouldn't mind a couple pics. I've contemplated cutting and folding my rear quarters.

I have a rear number that's all tubed but u'll need to cut and fold ur rear quarters. Lemme know if u want pics

yes pics please.

Well aren't you Mr Logical...;) I just may do that.

I was shocked to find I have no pics taken of it with the tire carrier, so I'll have to fix that.

ProjectJeep, I wouldn't mind a couple pics. I've contemplated cutting and folding my rear quarters.

I'll post some pics when I get home from work.

f7959775.jpg

929811df.jpg

It's simple but I've used the 1/4 rocker bars as rock sliders at last years goatfest

Hey darky, are you still interested in trading for a stock bumper? I might be interested in trading for mine. Can you post a pic or hook me up with a link?

Asa

Yeah, I'm looking more for an aftermarket bumper, still with good protection rather than stock.

ProjectJeep- How are the mounts? Would it stand up to me adding on a couple d-ring tabs and a hitch?

You have seen mine before havent you? it has a receiver built into it! let me know
PB040070Small.jpg

PA220017Small.jpg

PA220040Small.jpg

sorry thats about all the pics of the rear of my jeep! got lots of the front tho!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I'm looking more for an aftermarket bumper, still with good protection rather than stock.

ProjectJeep- How are the mounts? Would it stand up to me adding on a couple d-ring tabs and a hitch?

It bolts in the stock area and it bolts on the sides of the unibody for the rocker sliders

WIldman, yours actually looks like it would do better for me. I want to cut and fold my quarters, but I'm lazy, so it'd likely never happen...:D If I do it later, I can always add on. I'll try to get pics of mine tonight. It's this one. I have the optional lights, but never installed. I'll probably keep them though.

I forgot how expensive tire carrier bumpers are...:eek: Good deal for whoever I swap with though. :D

WIldman, yours actually looks like it would do better for me. I want to cut and fold my quarters, but I'm lazy, so it'd likely never happen...:D If I do it later, I can always add on. I'll try to get pics of mine tonight. It's this one. I have the optional lights, but never installed. I'll probably keep them though.

I forgot how expensive tire carrier bumpers are...:eek: Good deal for whoever I swap with though. :D
ok well let me know. no hurry, this would work out great for me so i can get my spare tire off my roof rack and lower to the ground!!!!! (i will even paint mine black for you if you want.)

I have this one and it has the swing for the tire holder but i have no holder. i can remove the swing and trade if you want it is just a standard rectangle bumper. ill cut it off and paint it real nice
IMG00033-20100904-1617.jpg

Sale/trade pending!

Pheww.....Just made it home!!!!!!! Thanks again man

Glad to be able to hook someone up for once since I've gotten so much help out of this place.

Back