• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stuck on the side of the road

wac1977

NAXJA Forum User
Well, the jeep finally left me stranded. First time in the six years I have had it. Wouldn't you know that now I can't get anybody on the phone to give me a hand. Might have to break down and call a tow truck.

You still there...i know people in Clemson, Greenville, Walhalla....co workers there cool. They'll give you a lift.
Hell of a lot cheaper than a tow!!

Hey now, I offered you my jeep... only problem is.. now mine wont shift so really you would have got stranded twice in one night.. haha

This thing is leaking like a screen door on a submarine. Wet in too many places to tell what it is. Plus it is the lovely closed system so that doesn't help. Trav offered me a ride but I am in a bad area and don't want to leave my jeep. Would rather sleep in it and wait for help tomorrow. Charleston is #8 in the nation for crime and I am in the thick of it right now...lol.

This thing is leaking like a screen door on a submarine. Wet in too many places to tell what it is. Plus it is the lovely closed system so that doesn't help. Trav offered me a ride but I am in a bad area and don't want to leave my jeep. Would rather sleep in it and wait for help tomorrow. Charleston is #8 in the nation for crime and I am in the thick of it right now...lol.

Off all week-end. SEC Chat and let's see what we can do. I got people!

Also..check the SEC recovery thread..you may have people closer to you..

I am actually still stuck here and using the phone so I don't know how or if I can do chat on here. I am sure I can get it done once I get it somewhere I can work on it. Unless I need a radiator and then I might be in trouble. Cash is beyond tight right now.

I am actually still stuck here and using the phone so I don't know how or if I can do chat on here. I am sure I can get it done once I get it somewhere I can work on it. Unless I need a radiator and then I might be in trouble. Cash is beyond tight right now.
Where? Street? # I'll map quest and see how far?

Well, been here about 5.5 hours and I think my brother is coming to pick me and the heep up. Some of the people who have called me back don't understand why I just don't leave the jeep and come back for it. The jeep is the one thing I own outright and I am kind of attached to it and don't want some crack head to steal my wheels to take to the scrap yard for $50. I think you guys know where I am coming from. Thanks to all who read and replied. Got more response here than I did with calling people I thought would be able to help.

I don't blame you for not leaving the Jeep, I wont leave mine on the trail if it breaks much less in a bad neighborhood. Good luck to you and let us know how things turn out. Hopefully your brother will come through to help.

Sucks we don't have someone close enough to get you out of this mess.

I try not to tell anyone no when they need help because you never want it to happen to you but it still seems like I get the shaft more than I should. ThatGuyTrav was behind me when it happened but I never thought it was going to turn out like this so I told him to go because he was going out of town. Will let you guys know when I get her back on the road. Thanks again.

Yeah, after breaking down about 6:30 I finally made it home about 3 am. When my brother got there we loaded it up on the tow dolley and when I tried to put the TC in neutral it didn't want to work. We finally had to unload it and drive it forwards and backwards and then put it in neutral and push it back on which was a little bit of a pain and several attemps. Now I just need a ride to get some parts because there is nobody here but me. Hopefully this will be an easy/cheap repair. I have an all metal radiator so hopefully I can fix it instead of buy a new one and hopefully the little bit of water coming from the front of the motor was just running down the lower hose because I don't want to have to change the water pump. Just did the one on ThatGuyTravs jeep and was hoping I wouldn't have to do another one so soon. Well, will keep you informed as to what it takes to fix it. Later fellas, and ladies.

When I finally filled it with water this morning it took two gallons so I guess it was kind of low. Need to patch up the rad tomorrow or whenever I get too it. Just added water for now but that wasn't an option last night where I was at. Plus I wasn't sure if that was all that it was going to take. Will let you know what it is.

When I finally filled it with water this morning it took two gallons so I guess it was kind of low. Need to patch up the rad tomorrow or whenever I get too it. Just added water for now but that wasn't an option last night where I was at. Plus I wasn't sure if that was all that it was going to take. Will let you know what it is.

My MJ broke down on me too, I had to get it towed home on Wednesday. Rad blew a hole or something.

Back