• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moving, NEED a trailer

XJ Eric

NAXJA Forum User
Hey Guys, as many know, I'm PCSing to the Great White North and since I don't trust the Jeep to make it that far, I've got to tow it.

SOOOO,

I'm looking for a trailer to haul it North. Preferably one with brakes, but I'll make due without if I have to. Anyone got anything they'd like to part with??

-Eric

Uhaul is pretty reasonable if you check around. They will bring you another one or fix it on the side of the road if it shitcans on you too. You don't have to buy tires or worry about breakdowns... North Dakota is a long way with a used trailer...

Yeah, but it's $500 and for a couple hundred more, I can have MY OWN trailer so I don't have to rent one every time I move or want to go a decent distance to go wheeling.

My dad rented on to go from Wichita Falls to Mobile, Alabama about 6 months ago. We found they wanted $500 to rent one from here, but only 180 to get it in Dallas. Same trailer and same drop point, not sure why the price difference. Could you get a driver for it to OKC then throw it on a trailer there?

You can get one built in ennis (by the drag strip) for about 960 thats what I payed for mine.
Its 14 foot built for my jeeps, even got the slant on the back, hardly use ramps with the jeeps.

ended up with a 14 foot trailer that is 71 inches wide. All good except the jeep with 35s is 74.5" wide in the front and 75.5" in the rear with the ford axle. I'm not TOO worried about the little bit of tire overhang and the the wheel wells are stout enough for the front wheels to go up and over. I'm a little worried about the wheel bearings but I'm going to pull them and grease them up before the 1300 mile trip. I only worry because they are unknown to me and this trailer isn't new. On the other hand it has some custom tie downs for ATVs that make it insanely easy to tie them down. I should be able to sell this beast off fairly easy and get a trailer I REALLY want. It's got brakes on all four wheels so that's a plus.

Back