• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

02 WJ Overland for sale

bhicks

NAXJA Forum User
So I have my XJ up for sale to cover some fertility/medical bills, but was able to talk my wife into puting her WJ up for sale as well. I argued if I have to risk loosing my baby (my XJ) then sholdn't she also have to risk loosing her WJ. So we agreed to put both of our Jeeps up for sale and will see how things play out. I'm hopeful hers will sale and she is hopeful mine will sale. My add on craigslist says I'm asking $8500 but I will be clear from the get go with you guys that my bottom dollar is $7500. This will not cover our fertility costs, but if we add the little we have saved up with slowly paying down the credit card we can make it work. So here's the info on her WJ.

Charcoal Gray 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 Overland. Very rare model and fully loaded. Came with every option available that year. 4.7 HO V8 auto.with quadradrive (limited slip front and rear axle). dana 44a rear and dana 30lp front. Has 121,000 miles. 2.5" Teraflex spacer lift, upcountry springs, and bilstein 5100 shocks. JK Moab 17" rims with brand new 31" all-terrain tires. Mopar rock sliders, gas tank skid plate, front bumper skid plate, and tcase skip plate. Recently replaced the battery, alternator, 02 sensors, Transmission solenoid, shocks, coil springs, spark plugs, and all fluids including a full tranny flush and new filters. No maintenance of any kind need to go into this vehicle for a long time. I have receipts to show proof of maintenance. Was smogged recently. Interior and Exterior are in excellent condition. Only flaws are some minor scratches on the hood and some wear on the leather of the driver seat. No stains or rips of any kind.No leaks of any kind. Has power everything, heated leather seats, tinted windows, roof rails, and a LOT more. The "blend door" issue was repaired, the ac/blower motor/resistor/wiring harness was all replaced, and the fautly heatetd seats wiring was repaired. Everything on this car works as it should with no issues. Shoot me a PM if interested.

Sorry about the cheesiness of the description. I just cut and pasted it off my craigslist add. I'm too lazy to type something new up.
Here's some pics:
DSC02259.jpg

DSC02260.jpg

DSC02261.jpg

DSC02262.jpg

DSC02266.jpg

DSC02268.jpg

DSC02263.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks. The down side about having to sale my WJ is that I just had a ton of money put into it to make it exactly how I wanted it. Repaired all the mechanical and electrical issues, all new fluids, new lift, new tires, new shocks, JK rims, etc. etc. So even if I sale the WJ it's not a win win for me. It's definately a win/loose; but in my mind selling the XJ is a MUCH bigger loss.

Thanks. The down side about having to sale my WJ is that I just had a ton of money put into it to make it exactly how I wanted it. Repaired all the mechanical and electrical issues, all new fluids, new lift, new tires, new shocks, JK rims, etc. etc. So even if I sale the WJ it's not a win win for me. It's definately a win/loose; but in my mind selling the XJ is a MUCH bigger loss.

Selling you XJ is like selling your manhood... :(

Selling you XJ is like selling your manhood... :(

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that if my XJ goes then someone will require me to donate a testical to science or something. I know when I bought my Kia Spectra (to replace my XJ as my DD) I was worried about some "Testical donation clause" secretly written into the bill of sale. I guess they forgot that part. If I have to sale both my Jeeps then I might as well just go ahead and get the sex change. MAN things are depressing right now. I REALLY hope that if both my Jeeps have to go, we will be able to get a child out of it all. If we have another child it will all be worth. If not, I will be quite bitter.

Last edited:
Just got an offer on the WJ. Two days ago the damn water pump went out. I would normally fix that myself but I have way too much going on right now. I took it to a local mechanic that is very trustworthy and has worked on it in the past. He fixed the water pump but in the process looked over the vehicle really close and decided he wants to buy it. The offer was good but not full asking price so know I have to make a decision. I told him I would talk with him when I go to pick it up on Monday. I guess I will report back then.

Went to get the Jeep today and the mechanic changed his mind. He loved the car but I guess he never ran it by his wife who was not okay with another car to their collection. He also found a couple bolt heads broken off on the exhaust manifold so I went ahead and replaced the gasket and all the bolts. So at this point it now has a new water pump, thermostat, coolant, and exhaust manifold gasket. That also doesn't include all the repairs I recently did myself. Long story short, it's not sold and back on the market. If your not interested but know someone who might be please pass my add along to them. Thanks.

The WJ is no longer for sale. Sold the XJ so I'm keeping the WJ. Sorry for those of you who showed interest.

I really do love the WJ. It's crazy comfortable and has tons of power. I love the 4.7HO. The next step after fertility bills are paid is to build up her WJ with whats left over.

Back