• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Apparently deals can still be had on new trucks.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

YELLAHEEP

NAXJA Forum User
Bought a friggin' limosine today......... :banghead:

I must have several screws loose.......

But I bought it for $1000 less out-the-door than the '04 I bought in '05 (which was a steal back then).......

They gave me NADA full trade in value and $4750 in rebates.........

It's got a killer sound system........

It's got the nav/cd/dvd/backup camera set up......

More HP and Torque.......

And....... it didn't have heated leather....... but they're gonna put it in at no charge.

I couldn't say no.

Gotta love end-of-the-month sales drives....... :D

3D73Y4CL0BG518438-1c.jpg

The bad:

License and Registration......

Needs running boards, mud flaps........

MPG will be the suck for a while until the engine breaks in a bit......

I swore I wasn't gonna do this again......... :twak:

Last edited:
Soooooooooooo, that takes up the parking in front of your house. :D

My neighbor bought new truck a few months ago. He was at the dealership with his used truck in for warranty repair. While he was waiting, he wandered around looking at the new trucks. A salesman approached him to be told there is no way they'd get him in a new truck that day. It took the salesman a half dozen trips to the manager's office before they made it worthwhile for him. I think they need the money, same as the rest of us. :)

EDIT: I wonder how many people are planning some "emergency" so they can ride in it.

niceeee. add one more chapter rig to the white paint list!

all the dealers are doing whatever it takes to make sales.

about 2 months ago i got my mom set up with an 06 liberty at GO jeep west. originally priced at 15k and i got them down to 11k with a 1500 trade for a price of 9500. honest to god. it was incredible.

Does it have a heated steering wheel too? Is that a manicure you're getting?

:D

Sweet truck man, I really like the Dodges I just wish they'd gone with a dually flare like the previous megacabs had. The new beds are too swoopy for me.

niceeee. add one more chapter rig to the white paint list!

It's actually silver.......... :laugh:

Does it have a heated steering wheel too? Is that a manicure you're getting? Sweet truck man, I really like the Dodges I just wish they'd gone with a dually flare like the previous megacabs had. The new beds are too swoopy for me.

The heated steering wheel is an option reserved for the Laramie editions, but I'm sure it could be added pretty easily...... the steering wheel that's in it looks exactly like the ones in the Laramie...... makes me wonder if all I need is a relay and a dash switch.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the bed sides either. It's REALLY hard to reach into the bed from the sides while standing next to it on the ground. I'm gonna fab up some 1" steel receivers to mount to the frame at each corner under the fenders and make a foot step that I can slide into the receiver to make it easier to get up and into the bed from the sides.

I was surprised that the bed sides on this truck are steel. I'd have thought they'd be one huge panel of Urethane/plastic of some sort. But I know what you mean. This is my favorite dually configuration:

images

It's too bad they only offered that fender on the short box Mega Cab versions. Much better looking design and makes it easier to reach into the bed.

To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of the truck's overall look. The hood/nose is HUGE. I liked the down-sloping hood of the previous body styles better. I feel like I'm driving a conventional cab semi in this truck. But, the hood styling is kinda cool..... I wish the hood "gills" were functional.

dodge-ram-hd-hood.jpg

Dodge has a few 1500 series trucks that get the RT style hood, but unfortunately, the entire front clip on the Cummins trucks is dimensionally different and those hoods won't fit on the Cummins........

Last edited:
Is yours the megacab or the new standard sized 4dr?

I really dig the megacabs, a buddy of mine has a white 2008 Megacab w/ a 6spd manual that has undergone a long bed conversion. I was hoping he was going to use a non-dually long bed and keep the mega-cab flare but he went with a regular dually long bed.

Is yours the megacab or the new standard sized 4dr?

This is the standard 4dr cab and only available on 1500 series:

new-2011-dodge-ram_1500-truckquadcabstandardbed-7581-6043833-1-400.jpg

This is the "new" crew cab and it's available on all series trucks:

-368773902760884380.jpg

And the infamous "Mega Cab":

501882120_1_B.jpg

Personally, I'd have gone with the standard 4dr if it were available.... I don't need all that room and keeping the length of the truck down would have been preferred...... but I wanted the 8' bed. The difference between the new crew cab and the mega cab isn't much, but the interior sure looks huge in the mega cab.

Last edited:
Here's an '04 (what I had) and an '11 (what I have now)........ the '11 sure looks longer..... :looney:

boqw4_800600.jpg

-368773902760884380.jpg

I know one the new body dtyle they made the regular 4dr cabs longer, the previous ones were barely bigger than your basic extended cab.

Personally I prefer the 2003-2008 body style the best, with the pre-2006 headlights being my fav.

Say good bye to the 04' mileage too. My 07.5' has never seen the mileage that my 05' did.

Say good bye to the 04' mileage too. My 07.5' has never seen the mileage that my 05' did.

Yeah, I'm not sure what to expect with this truck.

My '04 at best got 15.5 mpg and that was across Kansas with a tail wind. Normally was around 14.2. It was an auto, 4x4, and had 4:10 gears.

This '11 has more engine, but it's peak HP and Torque are achieved at much lower RPM's - 1500 or so, and it's got 3:73 gears, a different transmission than the '04 with different shift points as well.

I'm cautiously optimistic that I'll get the same or better mileage after it's broken in. Currently, on it's first tank, it's getting a whopping 9.5 mpg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back