• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 XJ motor for sale

I am selling the running motor from my 98, 140k on it, has the rear main leak and the exhaust manifold crack. It comes with a 6 mo. old starter and 1 week old power stearing pump, original alt. 6 mo old o2 sensors, throttle body spacer, ignition system, flex plate etc. I will also be including a 00 intake manifold and injectors, and an aluminum valve cover. I am selling this motor because I am doing an SBC swap. The tranny is shot so please don't ask about it.

I live in Palm Coast FL, 32164 so if anyone is interested in pick up you can see where I live and we can try and make arrangements to meet. I will also be listing this on craiglist in a week or so but I wanted to give you guys first dibs on it. The motor is still in the jeep and will be coming out next week, so in the mean time I will get some pics of it still in the jeep and pics of it out. I will also take some video of it running before I pull it.

$500 takes it.

hey man my motor in my 99 exploded and now i need to replace it. how much to ship it to 28532? its in NC. im in the military so a trip down is hard to pull off.

lemmie know would ya

:D
Timmy

I got a quote of $220 from yellow freight for shippment from 32114 (my local yellow hub) to 28532. I will also include a flowmaster deltaflow 50 and a new rear exhaust pipe with a borla tip welded on. I might sell the 00 intake manifold but if we make a deal before it sells I will include it with the motor, also I'll throw in the radiator .

Thanks for checking it out.

In the video you can hear a whirling or wizzing sound in the backround, it's what's left of the tansmission making that sound. There was a bubble or some kind of imperfection in the transmission housing and it cracked and dumped all the fluid out and ruined the tranny.

Video of it running:http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c1/pierceME311/?action=view&current=jeepphotos161.flv

Here are pics

jeepphotos089.jpg

jeepphotos095.jpg

jeepphotos090.jpg

jeepphotos062.jpg

jeepphotos065.jpg

jeepphotos081.jpg

jeepphotos051.jpg

jeepphotos047.jpg

jeepphotos046.jpg

jeepphotos039.jpg

pierceME311

Last edited:
Update: I sold the 99 intake and injectors, I'm keeping the radiator to use on the new motor and I will take any reasonable offers, I would prefer to help out a fellow XJ'er if anyone needs it please let me know, if nobody can use it I will take it to the junk yard.

Back