• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A few pics...

lesslimited

Official MWC Brewmeister
NAXJA Member
from previous trips to Ouray. There are plenty of scenic areas in Colorado, but Ouray has to be one of the best. We made it to Coloradofest in 2011, and had such a great time, we had to go back for several days before COfest 2014.

And apparently I uploaded the 2011 pics to webshots, so now I'll need to upload them to Photobucket...

Here's a couple more from 2014...

2011 pics are uploading now, I'll try to post some tomorrow night.

from previous trips to Ouray. There are plenty of scenic areas in Colorado, but Ouray has to be one of the best. We made it to Coloradofest in 2011, and had such a great time, we had to go back for several days before COfest 2014.

Where is this located? I have done almost all the trails in that area but I don't remember these mountains.

Pretty sure that's Governors Basin Road looking northish towards Yankee Boy Basin, and the last pic before the marmot is on the same switchback looking the other way.

Here's some pics from 2011. We had a great group that year. Dennis did a great job of running the show, and Chad and his family knew all the trails. The campfires were great!

Our campsite at the KOA...

Group by one of the old mines...

Couple mirror pics...

Maybe this will entice a few more MWC guys to make it...

:D

Ghost Town...

View of Black Bear Pass switchbacks and Bridal Veil Falls from Imogene Pass Road

Main Street Ouray. The falls in the background is a short hike, there are hiking trails all around the perimeter of town.

The end of July is usually the peak for the wildflowers...

The other John's uber-flexy sexy LS1 XJ...

Oops...

More wildlife...

Poughkeepsie gulch, if anyone is wondering. The second picture is where I took Jeep'nJohn up at COfest 99 with a loss of his taillight. He wasn't happy. It was not dug out at all back then.

Back