• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What trails are being ran?

in4aride

NAXJA Forum User
Never been to ouray. Yes I've seen trail damage. But I know it was held down there a few years back and based off that experience was curious what trails y'all were considering running or any frequent flier insight to trails in the area. Thanks!!!

Looking back, Poughkeepsie and black bear looked rad and likely be on the ladies top list.

Yeah, Black Bear will definitely be a must.

I'd also like to run the trail with Bridal Veil Falls.

There's several I've seen pictures of, but can't remember the trails.

I'll have to get Sam (zluster) to post up. He goes out there at least once a year, if not more. He knows that area very well and has ALL the pictures you could ever want...and then some more. :laugh:

More trails.

Ophir Pass: easy, we combined it with Imogene last time since Blackbear was closed.
Engineer Pass/Cinnamon Pass: Easy, long, very scenic.
Black Bear: Shelf road maximum, with a tight turn at the top, ends in to hell u ride.
Yankee Boy Basin: easy, lots of flowers, short.
Poughkeepsie Gulch: One major obstacle, not too long.
Stoney Pass: Long trail, one I'd like to do.

Hook Corkscrew with Poughkeepsie Gulch,
Black Bear and Imogene

Just curious but it seems most of the trails out that way are more scenic roads than wheeling trails? am i missing that or what

Nothing against scenery, but id like to do some fairly hard stuff too??

Usually I'm with ya. However this is a new area to me. As well as those coming with me. So I think for this trip it'll be well worth it.

Yeah I still wanna go and am looking forward to it, just wanna do some real wheelin as well,

And I AM NOT DOING BLACKBEAR EVER! Lol

Poughkeepsie gulch is the only trail with any obstacles that need a locker. There are trails a few hours away that are more technical.

I've looked forward to doing BlackBear for a long time. :) It's a beautiful area. It's gets you back in the Mts, and up in elevation. Lot's of old mining claims to check out. If my networth was 8x what it is, I'd retire there. :)

Just curious but it seems most of the trails out that way are more scenic roads than wheeling trails? am i missing that or what

Nothing against scenery, but id like to do some fairly hard stuff too??

As Fred stated, Poughkeepsie Gulch will be the only one with some real obstacles.

Personally, I'm looking forward to a trip where there's little to worry about.

Not worrying about breaking on something, but instead, just a nice relaxing and scenic trip.

As Fred stated, Poughkeepsie Gulch will be the only one with some real obstacles.

Personally, I'm looking forward to a trip where there's little to worry about.

Not worrying about breaking on something, but instead, just a nice relaxing and scenic trip.

And not get stuck on your trailer? :D

Yeah, Black Bear will definitely be a must.

I'd also like to run the trail with Bridal Veil Falls.
:
That is also Black Bear

I have run most of those trails about a dozen times.

Imogene is still closed with snow. The Alpine loop is open. Corkscrew gulch was still closed by snow end of May. No word on Black Bear on Bushducks.

Back