• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lytle creek Monday

JohnX

Sarge
NAXJA Member
Planning to head up there monday fairly early. If anyone is interested it is near Sierra exit from I15 in north Fontana area. Very mild wheeling, should be passable in nearly stock cherokees.

Let me know if you want to go and we can arrange a meeting time and place.

Where is there to wheel up there? Is it right by the ranger station a few miles before the actual town? Wish I could make it but would love find out where the trail is for a rainy day.

Yep, opened last weekend. Very mild wheeling, past the ranger station and past the village. Just follow the main road til it turns to dirt. The most difficult is the first left turn you come to on the dirt road, you cross a river bed and head up coldwater canyon, climbing to about 6k feet IIRC.

Oh right on! I'll defiantly have to check that out sometime! That is kind of my neck of the woods. Im in Upland... Is there a specific destination it leads to? And "mild" enough I could scout it out in my 2wd Silverado?

I would take the 4x4. Coldwater canyon would not be 2wd friendly, several steep points with small boulders to drive over/around/etc. preventing running starts. Most of the rest of the roads are 2wd depending of course on the washouts which change from time to time.

I'm in rancho, so shoot me a pm anytime you want to hit something local.

It was not real tight the last time I was on it, but that was prior to almost 2 years of closure....you know how things tend to grow. I will be taking my chainsaw in case there are trees down.

FYI, for any interested peeps. We will be meeting at the gas station on the north side of I15 at the sierra exit at 8AMish.

Feel free to just show up, there will be a large OD green MJ and a stockish looking red 2 door XJ

Back