• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heading to Arizona next month!

Dubster

NAXJA Forum User
Rebecca and I are heading to Arizona next month for an extended camping/property search trip. Initially heading out the 10 to the 60 north to Prescott and finally Cottonwood area. Gonna stop and visit a friend in Cottonwood.

After that we are heading north to Flagstaff/Williams and parts north of there looking for a new place to hang our hats.

Any suggestions for dispersed, primitive camping would be appreciated. We might also entertain an out of the way cabin rental for a couple nights. Also any suggestions of where to look for land would be appreciated.

We are leaving SoCal Sunday, Oct.13 early am. Always up for a M&G with fellow NAXJA members for a beer or two.

Any good HAM repeater info would also be nice. We'll have 2 meter, 1.25 meter and 70cm capability on the road.

Dub KK6MBW

Planning on it. Will report back when we return. Ideally, we would like to find enough land (40 acres or so) that we don't have to deal with or know neighbors if we don't want to. Funny, we live on acreage here and still feel crowded. Somehow I think it's Sacramento that's crowding us so much!

Dub

I have a friend with 20 acres just north of williams... he may be willing to allow campers if you'd like me to ask? He has a ton of dogs...just fyi.

We're in Clarkdale, just north of Cottonwood. PM me if you will have time to stop by and see the house I'm building, have a beer/wine/whatever. Land prices here are kinda crazy, but coming from Chicago, we didn't want cold winters so Flagstaff/Williams would not work for us. And near Flagstaff prices are even higher than around here.

Back