• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

I got the windows tinted in the MJ. As a whole I like the look of tinted windows and I really like how the truck looks now.

I need to make a run to the PAP to see what I can score there.

Got any pics you can share of the MJ?

Apparently my pictures are too big....

I'll have to work on it.

Apparently my pictures are too big....

I'll have to work on it.

Get the tapatalk app for your phone. That allows you to upload pics that you take with your phone right into a post. It took a little trial and error but I've gotten decent at it. All the pics in the GC thread here on NAXJA were added that way.

Get the tapatalk app for your phone. That allows you to upload pics that you take with your phone right into a post. It took a little trial and error but I've gotten decent at it. All the pics in the GC thread here on NAXJA were added that way.

I've got the app already but I haven't tried any pics.....

Got any pics you can share of the MJ?

Here she is when I brought her home.
f04d4e72d17ad798ece6596353306f6a.jpg

After a little tire and wheel love.
0a1f2c55649cc8bd7df5c750dfa5af78.jpg

My hybrid dash I made for it. I kinda like it.
bacd2619325a717fe23a3e6c320c5d59.jpg

The fuel gauge does not work but all the others do. I'm still trying to figure that out...

It’s coming along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
New B pillar lights too.
ba38f04ba7a21db92f40bb5ae0df7df2.jpg

It has an 8.8 in the rear as well. I’m running 1-1/2” spacers back there.
e3a9e634207cc5993705576008a7cd1d.jpg

Good lookin' MJ!

Got a straight door from my buddy's parts jeep, the first xj I ever rode in or went wheeling in.
An identical twin of my 2 door, other than an automatic transmission.
Gonna have to be a little more careful next time I get out in the woods with this pig...

I'm battling a no start gremlin in the 4Runner. There seems to be a problem with the fusible link. I jumped the link with a wire and was able to start it yesterday. I'll tear into the fuse box later this week and look at getting this fixed. Apparently it's a pretty common issue with these 1st gens.

Drove my XJ to work today. Ever since I took it wheeling, it will run great for about 20 minutes, then act like it is fuel starved above 3k rpm, and won't rev any higher, losing power like it isn't getting fuel..
It has a new fuel pump, and ran great for about 1000 miles or so once brought out of hibernation. It ran great all the way to wooly's, got wheeled pretty hard and a light flop, and now is kinda janky.
I've run a full tank through since this started, with no improvement.
Will refill after work and add seafoam.

Drove my XJ to work today. Ever since I took it wheeling, it will run great for about 20 minutes, then act like it is fuel starved above 3k rpm, and won't rev any higher, losing power like it isn't getting fuel..
It has a new fuel pump, and ran great for about 1000 miles or so once brought out of hibernation. It ran great all the way to wooly's, got wheeled pretty hard and a light flop, and now is kinda janky.
I've run a full tank through since this started, with no improvement.
Will refill after work and add seafoam.

SeaFoam seems to have more or less fixed it. Jeep is once again running strong. I sure do love driving that thing, makes me feel like a college dropout again, haha...

I got to do this last night in the cold after eating way too much at Uncle Bud’s.

1bcf2b7d1a88c2b6755a845cd5f71eef.jpg

Wasn’t too bad after figuring out what it takes to get it out. The 1998 Grand seems to be charging good now. What a weird design for an alternator.

I got to do this last night in the cold after eating way too much at Uncle Bud’s.

1bcf2b7d1a88c2b6755a845cd5f71eef.jpg

Wasn’t too bad after figuring out what it takes to get it out. The 1998 Grand seems to be charging good now. What a weird design for an alternator.

Dual grounds. I'm pretty sure that is how they are 91 - 98 I've seen that before. IIRC the plug in alternator came in 99.

My 4Runner starts now. My mower starts now too after installing a new carburetor. This weekend I'll replace the drive belt on the mower and hopefully it will be able to drive and mow!

I put a new alternator on the MJ. The alternator is alternating but the gauge doesn't show it. I've got more work to do.

Stopped at Express on Saturday to get replacement bulbs for the heater controls on the XK. Found one and took the dash apart only to find out the bulbs are soldered in and not replaceable.

On another note, I did find a factory RHD XJ in the yard. That would have been a good one to save.

On another note, I did find a factory RHD XJ in the yard. That would have been a good one to save.

What year model?

Back