• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ultimate Road "Trail" Vacation

cyrus

NAXJA Forum User
I am planning a vacation for next year that will take me initially to Pheonix to visit a friend. From there the only thought I have had was to go wheel the Rubicon and then on to Moab. What I am looking for from the fine members of NAXJA are trails to run around these three areas in particular. But if you know of any thing close or near the travel routes, let me know. I am not sure exactly when this trip will occur, but I would guess around mid to late april of 06. This will be a three week trip from Michigan. My jeep is set up pretty well as my sig shows, and I can hold my on in the drivers seat. So dont hold back, I am doing this for the adventure, not the petty tourist sight seeing form the gravel road BS. Any and all insite would be appreciated, and if any one would be interested in wheeling with me, I would be honored.

Thanks

RT :us:

No reason to leave the Phoenix area.
We did the first part of last years BOTW tour there. Table Mesa has incredible trails, far better than anything in Moab. Yea, I said it.

From there you can do Florence. Then head west to Parker on your way to JV.
One caveate; do not attempt these trails alone. Serious potential for damage, both cosmetic and mechanical.

If you decide Moab, Look us up(IC), i'm sure more than one of area guys would go with you.

The Rubicon is generally not available until late May. The trail gets 10-22 feet of snow per winter........

Ditto Kid on Phoenix, plenty to keep you busy for a month!

This is the kind of info I am looking for, thanks, keep it coming.
My intention was not to run alone, but as the time draws nearer and i have a set date, i was going to see if I could commision a few of the NAXJA guys in the local area as trail guides. That and it would be nice to meet a few of you.
Moab was just a thought, I be close to it. I planned on being in the Pheonix-Mesa area for 5 to 6 days then on to the next stop.
The Rubicon is more of a, "I want to run it before it's closed for good, and this may be my best chance" thing, even if i have to delay the trip until the end of may.

Kid, hows the three link working for you?

Back