• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stolen Jeep

Rob D

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
My XJ was stolen last night (20/21 Jan). If anyone happens to see a white 91 with a Full-Traction 6" lift, 32" BFG MT's on aluminum wheels, Custom 4x4 front bumper, Durango 4x4 rear bumper/tire carrier (both front and rear bumpers are painted gray to match the fender flares) and lic # 2XGE101, please report it. I kind of doubt the parts are still on it by now, but I can always hope! Thanks to all for any help. By the way, it was stolen in the Pittsburg/Antioch area.

Rob D

I'll keep an eye out. Maybe he is headin south with it. I'm a couple hours south of you.

Thanks to everyone for the comments. It has been recovered already. I just picked it up in Rio Vista. The really good news is that they didn't take anything but my tow strap and they crunched the rt qtr panel. The bad part is it appears that they had a key for it, since the colum (spelling?) wasn't hurt at all. No windows broke or anything. At least it back! Thanks again everyone.
Rob D

Just a little extra info now that I've had a chance to look at it a little closer. It almost appears that it was taken to get someone out of some mud. It's covered with mud but not all that much for someone who would take it just for fun. There are marks on the hood where the strap was laying after it had been in the mud, mud inside from shoes, and I can tell they were spinning both fwd and reverse. So either they got it stuck or they helped someone who was. The tow truck guy said it wasn't stuck when he got it tho.

It just seems odd that someone could open the door without setting off the alarm (factory alarm, so not really all that hard I guess), then start the Jeep and drive off without yanking the ignition lock. It kind of makes me wonder about parking outside anymore knowing that someone can just walk up, unlock the doors and drive off with your car any time they feel like it. Maybe I got a co-owner that I don't know about? Oh well, at least I don't have to replace the colum.

Watever the reason, at least they were nice enough not to trash the interior or the exterior too much, aside from the qtr panel. And besides the strap, all they took was my set of Staun deflators.

By the way, to answer Capt Nemo's question. It was parked right in front of my house on the street. Normally any noise out there would wake my oldest kid, but not this time. It also sits where 2 flood lights from the house shine almost right on it. Plus a street light no more than 15 yrds from it. Maybe I just helped them to see what they were doing with all the light.

Okay, enough :rattle: . Again thanks for the comments and hope to see ya'll out on the trail.

Rob D

Wow, glad you got it back.

Glad you got your rig back. I saw on the other jeep forum. Jeeps unlimited about a fuel pump shut off switch that is pretty easy to install. The guy even has pics to show you which wire to cut for the switch.

Back