• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

random crap I need from stock jeeps

87manche

NAXJA Forum User
well, Jims got the steering skid taken care of. I figured I'd just post a thread and keep the rest of my wants in one place.

Things my new heep needs, all of this is for a 90, most of it is interior bits you guys are chucking in the trash.

New gray dashboard. Complete or just the dashpad, not much care. As long as the dash pad on top is in good shape. If it's got a crack in it I'm not interested, I'll be damned if I'm taking that thing out to put a not flawless dash in it. It's the darker grey.

Window/door weatherstripping and the glass rubber. I need all of this. The southern sun was not kind.

Dark grey carpet in good shape.

sunvisors

cigar lighter. As Jake Blues once said "Fix the cigarette lighter"

Old style column with working turn signal cancels and intermittent wiper stalk. Color doesn't matter, I'll gut it to fix mine.

10 spoke wheel caps. A few of mine have cracks.

Renix spare parts. ECUs, sensors, whatever you got I'd be interested.

OEM header panel and lights. Color not important. Not impressed by the aftermarket one I have for the 01, so trying to get an OEM one before you morons bust it on trees.

MJ tail lights. The holy grail, I should have a spare set.

anything MJ specific to put in my spare parts pile.

I'm sure I'll come up with more random crap in my want list.

I have a column from a 87 or 88 MJ, maroon with column shift. Pretty sure it has delay wipers, I'll double check. Keys and ignition switch included.

sweet,

I never knew how annoying a left turn signal that didn't auto cancel would be. I'm a 65 year old man driving with a left turn signal on.

Nate, I got all this from a 96 xj. You probably know more about what can be crossed over than I do. Let me know if you need any of this.

Dash:

IMG_2411_zpsa33b11bd.jpg

Complete, in pretty good shape. There is a hole where that green ignition switch was.

Weatherstripping:

I got a bunch of these...all in pretty good shape.

Sunvisors:

Have a pair, I think they are gray.

I have a cigarette lighter too.

well, you got everything I need right there, including new door cards and handles with manual windows.

What you want for the center console, interior door panels, and dash? A pillars too. Basically everything forward of the seats. Don't need/want the cluster or any of the switches. I just need plastics that aren't super nasty. I pressure washed my center console today and some of that crap didn't come off.
maybe even the carpet if the front half is in good shape.

mirrors too. Both of my mirrors have the broken holders on the doors and they're remote manuals just like those.

I assume you're parting the 96 there? I saw you were talking about cutting stuff off to fix that 01.

dash is a super PITA to pull. If that thing can sit a few weeks I will come pull all of that stuff for a discount. I'll need a place to stay overnight.

That pic is old. The dash, everything is out right now. And you're right it was a huge PITA to pull

I have sold the LF door, but since the right side door sheet metal is junk, I can pull the door card no problem on the RF door. The mirror is gone though. Or I can just sell you the whole door...doesn't matter to me. Imo, that would be a better option for me. Up to you though.

The center console is in pretty good shape, although a couple of the tabs are broke. I think there are 8-10 total, only two are bad. The lid for it is janky. No cupholders. But it's pretty clean and very usable.

Front carpet is junk. And I had to do some cutting to it anyway.

I have the A pillar plastic trim pieces too. Lower stuff all broke though. But I have all the upper trim pieces.

If anyone from Ohio is coming to the Redbird trail cleanup, I can send some of the stuff with them. Or we can meet up somewhere, I can bring it all to the Crawl...doesn't matter to me. Whatever works for you.

$120 for whole dash(including the lower piece and cowl vent), center console, whole door, weatherstripping, and trim piece(s).

If I can't hammer out/pull that damage, I might cut that LF corner from my 96 and weld it on to the 01. Haven't decided yet.

Matt,

Can you check and see if you have the pigtail for the downstream o2 sensor? It goes in between the harness from the body and the harness for the sensor on the cat. I broke mine and I think it's a 96 part only.

Nate, I have a perfect set of MJ tail lights, ill bring them to the Crawl.
you're awesome. text me what you want for them.

You know you can replace those little springs in the turn signals to get them to cancel dont you? They are usually in the help section at parts stores.

http://www.amazon.com/Dorman-49312-Signal-Return-Spring/dp/B000C5C9YS
yes, but my multifunction stalk is a bit wonky and I desire my intermittent wipers to not work intermittently. I need a column to rape for parts.

I have some MJ rear flares. Not sure if you want those or not.
sure, what you want for those?

Stop it, I'm trying to unload this steering column I have had for 5 years :D
well that means it's gonna be cheap.

Matt,

Can you check and see if you have the pigtail for the downstream o2 sensor? It goes in between the harness from the body and the harness for the sensor on the cat. I broke mine and I think it's a 96 part only.

if he has the fuel tank I might as well snatch that too for odd sender.

Matt,

Josh, I have that part. Make me an offer.

if he has the fuel tank I might as well snatch that too for odd sender.

I do have the gas tank/fuel pump too. And it has at least 1/2 tank of gas too.

You had mentioned coming to get Ben's MJ cap in a couple weeks. I'm going to be gone that weekend to Redbird, but if you can delay a week or move it up to this weekend, I can meet you at Ben's and I can get you the dash, center console, etc.

Back