• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierrafest damage reports, post them here:

knucklehead 61

NAXJA Forum User
who broke what?

i broke a sweat, but no parts on my red p.o.s., although it started making weird howling bearing sounds on deceleration while coming back to camp from slickrock. i can't imagine why since i treat is so gently...:kissyou:

No real trail damage, but my serpentine belt let go just as I passed over hwy 99 in Stockton. I thought my a/c compressor clutch had caused the problem. But it turned out to be the idler pulley right next to the a/c compressor. Froze up and melted the belt just before it split into about 6 pieces. Had my daughter run to the closest Auto Zone and pick me up a new idler and belt while Ferdinand stayed to protect me. :D I then got to do the repair right there next to Farmington Road 40 yards east of hwy 99, such a good part of town too...Anyway, I made it home fine, even if my cell phone did go missing up there somewhere. Time to upgrade...

I managed to snap about 10 more beadlock bolts on the driver side rear, other than that, nothing. Just to need to finish up the jeep. It was great seeing you all there.

No damage to my XJ. My Daughters TJ suffered a broken yoke on her front diff at the stair stepper on Slick Rock. Actually at first we thought it was the u-joint but upon closer looking it was discovered the little tang that holds the u-joint cap in place was broke off. We changed the u-joint at the river camp sites and got her up the hill to Spicer and then the cap spit out due to no little tang to hold it in. So we zip tied the driveshaft to the frame and went back to camp in 2 hi.

We will be converting to the u-bolt straps this week!

Sheared both rear upper shock mounts off my crossover hoop. Need to convert it to double shear. It was a fun ride home. Lost half a tail light but I have spares. And my skids have now replace my rockers haha. Also my axle side track bar bolt seems to keep working loose and causes the mount to flex a lot. So I need to cut it all off and fab up a better mount than stock.

Lots of new dents and scrapes haha. Awesome trip. GordoSmasho will be my new screen name soon.

Had a blast driving up the harder wall line. I think the clutch packs in the limited slip didn't like that. I get a loud popping klunk in my rear diff once in a while now. I'll find out when it gets replaced with my locker in a few weeks.

No damage just a few more scars on the bead lock rings, oh and my new ARB freezer/fridge did get some dust on it :D

How many people does it take to fix a tie rod in the middle of the forest?

standard.jpg

I didnt have the feont driveshaft installed again....Crushed my stock tranny crossmember up about 4inchs. Scratched my pinion skid on the 44. Broke both rear axle shock mounts off before really entering slick rock. So I ran the whole trail in 2wd and without rear shocks.

Lost a rear shock the first day but Ed fixed me up and I was ready to go the next day. Backed into a tree parking at camp and bent passage rear bumper that I will have pull out to fix. Kinda blew a soft ball size hole in my sidewall going up staircase by punching it when I thought that I made it to the top but there was still one more large rock hiding.
This is always the best weekend of the year and we had so much fun again this year. Thanks guys and Gals!!!

Had a blast!
Pretty much all my tre are shot and popping when I turn. Bent my track bar... still driving straight haha. Got a nice dent from a stump that smacked me when I ran it over lol

No real trail damage, but my serpentine belt let go just as I passed over hwy 99 in Stockton. I thought my a/c compressor clutch had caused the problem. But it turned out to be the idler pulley right next to the a/c compressor. Froze up and melted the belt just before it split into about 6 pieces. Had my daughter run to the closest Auto Zone and pick me up a new idler and belt while Ferdinand stayed to protect me. :D I then got to do the repair right there next to Farmington Road 40 yards west of hwy 99, such a good part of town too...Anyway, I made it home fine, even if my cell phone did go missing up there somewhere. Time to upgrade...

Wait, I scratched my passenger side hub :rattle: ....:laugh3: and also came close to tearing off my rear passenger side rear flare on one of those fallen trees you have to weave around on Dear Valley.

1. My fuel bill. :D

I finally had a chance to clean out and do a once over on the Jeep this weekend. Wow, was there a lot of dust. I actually vacuumed my headliner, and I could see the difference as I went. I found a lot of good scrapes on the skids and armor, and one hell of a dent on my passenger side slider tube. Everything did it's job though.

My only concern was a new "popping" I could feel through the floor I started to get towards the end of the trip. I tracked that down to be a loose track bar bracket. Tightened it up, tacked it to the frame, no bubbles no troubles! It's ready to go for another trip this weekend.

Back