• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

C8.25 prices

87CherokeeChief

NAXJA Forum User
allright im sure most of you guys know of JW jeep and rancho jeep. I just called both about a C8.25 from a newer xj(29spline) so i can upgrade the turdy 5. JW wanted 700!! and rancho wanted 600! what the hell is with these prices i thought i was lookin at 100-200 tops. anyone know where i can get one for that price range? or anyone have one to sell?

Yeah, there prices are crazy over there. Go to car-part.com and search around. It's a great resource. U should be able to find 1 here locally they are very common. Pnp mostly has old jeeps (XJs pre High Output). U could of had a xj 44 at the South Sac pnp that Phil posted up. I posted a xj 44 months ago a few times on 2 that I spotted at James autowreckers. Talking about that, U should be able to find a 8.25 at James, 2 yards down from J&W maybe even a xj 44. I found 2 and they were there for awhile, until I went back and got it for my bro. Best of luck. Post up on Pirate4x4 as well and U should be able to find 1 cheap.
Troy

Big Red said:
Yeah, there prices are crazy over there. Go to car-part.com and search around. It's a great resource. U should be able to find 1 here locally they are very common. Pnp mostly has old jeeps (XJs pre High Output). U could of had a xj 44 at the South Sac pnp that Phil posted up. I posted a xj 44 months ago a few times on 2 that I spotted at James autowreckers. Talking about that, U should be able to find a 8.25 at James, 2 yards down from J&W maybe even a xj 44. I found 2 and they were there for awhile, until I went back and got it for my bro. Best of luck. Post up on Pirate4x4 as well and U should be able to find 1 cheap.
Troy

cool sounds good. i had heard james mentioned before but i had forgotten about it. do they specialize in jeeps? or is it just a general yard? would i have to pull it myself? and would a 44 or 8.25 be cheap there because they dont know what they have or because they dont want to charge insane amounts?

yeah, rancho and jw are outragerous. rancho wanted $150 for a used front axleshaft with used joints. last year or so, Jw wanted like $125 or 150 for a used factory trailer hitch. but all those full service places seem out there. rancho motorcycle wanted like $160 for a used cdi box for my bike, brand new from the dealer was $175. whats with that???

87CherokeeChief said:
cool sounds good. i had heard james mentioned before but i had forgotten about it. do they specialize in jeeps? or is it just a general yard? would i have to pull it myself? and would a 44 or 8.25 be cheap there because they dont know what they have or because they dont want to charge insane amounts?

I found my bro-in-law a xj dana 44 for $300 and they pulled it at James and helped me load it in the truck. U should be able to get a 8.25 for no more than $250 there and it is about a 44 strength for the 96+ 29 spline. Check the car-part.com website to locate a xj 44/8.25/8.8 or whatever U need, once U find it, call the yard and see if they still have it or go there and look. At James yard, those people were totally dumbafided to know I found 2 xj 44's in their yard and asked me where I found them.

88flexj in Salinas has a xj dana 44 he could probably U, I just sold Chris my 30/44 and he had the 44 in his garage, pm him.
Troy

I've got the one from my '97 taking up space in my sideyard. PM me if you're interested.

Back