• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

transfer case linkage fabrication ideas,..

bxj

NAXJA Forum User
..need input or any ideas on custom transfer case linkage fabrication after latest drivetrain modification-Transmission/transfer case lenght has been increased and transfer case has new rotation and old stock transfer case linkage location not good-Although any textual suggestion of custom transfer case linkage is always important any fotos or pictures would be greatly appreciated-TIA

I would think Crash might have some input on this. Another thing to look at is TJ or YJ linkage as I believe they are different than XJ, but not exactly sure. Just a couple ideas. Jeff

..yeah, I just went to one of the local boneyards and took a long look at a couple of YJ's-Not sure if that would be a good working alternative with this NP229 I am useing at the moment-
bxj

bxj said:
..need input or any ideas on custom transfer case linkage fabrication after latest drivetrain modification-Transmission/transfer case lenght has been increased and transfer case has new rotation and old stock transfer case linkage location not good-Although any textual suggestion of custom transfer case linkage is always important any fotos or pictures would be greatly appreciated-TIA
Have you seen this http://www.skyjacker.com/products-search-detail.asp?ID=27876&vyear=2003&vmake=JEEP&vmodel=WRANGLER%20(97-04TJ)&vsubmod=X&partnumber=JSRB231A my plan is to make something like this but attach it to the same holes the trany mounts to the X member.

Hey Guys, thanks for posting that. I may never use it, but I certainly enjoyed learning of a new way for the shifter to operate without connecting to the body. I like it. Jeff

Big Wheel Bob said:
use the skyjacker bracket, it works very well.

I tried it and it dint clear the tunnel at all. Did you have to BFH the tunnel to make it fit? What’s your secret?

Back