• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Got stuck on 231 tonight for a bit. Pretty bad accident, must have happened just minutes before I got there, only 2 deputies on scene, maybe 6 cars between me and the wreck. Heard a young woman screaming at the top of her lungs, think her car got the worst of it. Bad enough I couldn't even tell what kind of car it used to be, other than "4 door". Worst sound I've ever heard. Still hearing it nearly 2 hours later. Huge respect for the deputies and EMS folks. I don't know how well I'd handle those jobs on nights like this.

had a load of cattle delivered yesterday.....60 heifers, 3 bulls= $129,000....(not including trucking costs from Kansas!)

Cheese "ouch" Man

Saw a sweet TJ on the highway this morn, it had at least 37's, low lift, the wheel base was stretched. it had a sign on the back that said moab or bust.

had a load of cattle delivered yesterday.....60 heifers, 3 bulls= $129,000....(not including trucking costs from Kansas!)

Cheese "ouch" Man

i thought you were a bacon farmer...

Got stuck on 231 tonight for a bit. Pretty bad accident, must have happened just minutes before I got there, only 2 deputies on scene, maybe 6 cars between me and the wreck. Heard a young woman screaming at the top of her lungs, think her car got the worst of it. Bad enough I couldn't even tell what kind of car it used to be, other than "4 door". Worst sound I've ever heard. Still hearing it nearly 2 hours later. Huge respect for the deputies and EMS folks. I don't know how well I'd handle those jobs on nights like this.

A little over a year ago I was driving my big truck in a snow storm up the W coast of Michigan when the car in front of me started to fish tail, I had enough time to say to myself "go right, go right", then she went left head on into a PT Cruiser, she was driving a Crown Vic. Bad deal, she was hurt badly, I was first to arrive to her car. All I could do was talk to her and try to calm her. Guy in the PT walked away (suprise), they needed the jaws to remove the lady from the CV. Still very clear in my mind.

Several years ago when I was hauling cars, I was behind another semi that was used by a lady to kill her self. She jumped out from behind a bridge infront of the truck. I saw both halves of her skidding down the shoulder of the hwy. I kept driving, nothing I could do and I had already saw too much. I would like to unsee this event. The sound of the other driver still rings in my head.

A friend of mine used to drive for Nestle in NE Indiana, and he talked about people committing suicide by truck; I don't know if it happened to one of the guys he worked with, or if he'd seen it too, but I know that worried him a lot. I know if you drive long enough, eventually you get to see/hear something you wish you hadn't, but I've had my license for 20 years, and I've never seen/heard anything close to this in person. I guess I was lucky.

http://www.journalreview.com/news/article_9ac6d8b2-89fb-11e1-9c0e-0019bb2963f4.html

Heartbreaking...

A little over a year ago I was driving my big truck in a snow storm up the W coast of Michigan when the car in front of me started to fish tail, I had enough time to say to myself "go right, go right", then she went left head on into a PT Cruiser, she was driving a Crown Vic. Bad deal, she was hurt badly, I was first to arrive to her car. All I could do was talk to her and try to calm her. Guy in the PT walked away (suprise), they needed the jaws to remove the lady from the CV. Still very clear in my mind.

Several years ago when I was hauling cars, I was behind another semi that was used by a lady to kill her self. She jumped out from behind a bridge infront of the truck. I saw both halves of her skidding down the shoulder of the hwy. I kept driving, nothing I could do and I had already saw too much. I would like to unsee this event. The sound of the other driver still rings in my head.

When I was a kid, proabably aruond 12-14 yo, my step father was a police officer for Joplin, MO. I went on a ride along on multiple occassions and the first time I had seen a fatal accident in person was when we arrived to the scene of an accident where a car full of teenage kids were driving at a high rate of speed and went under a semi trailer. It was almost like in the movies where the top half of the vehicle was sheered off....it was the most gruesome sight I have ever seen to date and wont ever forget it. There was no screaming, because the part of their bodies was back down the road with the top half of the vehicle. :puke:

We (the family) are that too. Cattle, hogs, corn, soybeans, alfalfa and hay....oh, and throw in there that 3 of us have full time day jobs too. :helpme:

"A pack of hungry pigs can tear threw a body weighing 200 pounds in only a couple of minutes, hence the saying as greedy as a pig. that is why one should always be weary of a man that keeps a pack of pigs"

A friend of mine used to drive for Nestle in NE Indiana, and he talked about people committing suicide by truck; I don't know if it happened to one of the guys he worked with, or if he'd seen it too, but I know that worried him a lot. I know if you drive long enough, eventually you get to see/hear something you wish you hadn't, but I've had my license for 20 years, and I've never seen/heard anything close to this in person. I guess I was lucky.

http://www.journalreview.com/news/article_9ac6d8b2-89fb-11e1-9c0e-0019bb2963f4.html

Heartbreaking...

Thats not far from Brad's house, damn shame she died so young.

I've seen people die from getting hit in car (numerous times), on a motorcycle, shortly after blowing thier brains out, watched a guy blow his brains out, carried a guy out of a garage that tried to kill him self with carbon monoxide...

In seven years of doing this job full time I've seen 20+ dead bodies in one shape or form...

mac 'I can still see each one of thier faces...or what was left of thier faces 'gyvr

iv been pulling up this heat shieldingstickytarpapercrap up off the floors of my XJ, what a pain in the arse!!!

?????

Pics? Mine didn't have anything like that.

Only a couple days later but...

IMAG0573.jpg

i got it off of the front two floor boards so far. dont know if im gonna do the rear or just paint over it.

Only a couple days later but...

IMAG0573.jpg

i got it off of the front two floor boards so far. dont know if im gonna do the rear or just paint over it.
hit it with a heatgun and scrape it up with a metal putty knife. Once most of it is off, experiment with solvents (acetone, brakleen, xylol, denatured alcohol... I'd bet on acetone) until it comes up using a stiff bristle brush and then old rags.

hit it with a heatgun and scrape it up with a metal putty knife. Once most of it is off, experiment with solvents (acetone, brakleen, xylol, denatured alcohol... I'd bet on acetone) until it comes up using a stiff bristle brush and then old rags.
Tyler once told me he uses this exact method for treating the herp.

Crabs, he told me, are a completely different ballgame. Shave half your hair, set the other half on fire and stab the little fawkers with an icepick when they come running out.:gee:

Back